Confused which one to PICK Bellabeat or Fitbit? There are not so many similarities between these two, and today we are going to help you to pick a Winner, with our detailed comparison of Bellabeat vs Fitbit.
Health trackers are now one of the most common wearable technology that you easily find on people’s hands, they provide a lot of types of benefits to the user, and that is why they are gaining so much popularity, and today we are back again with two some of the most famous Health Trackers, Fitbit and Bellabeat.
Fitbit comes with many features like a touchscreen, Alexa Support, heart rate sensor, and can count calories as well, but Leaf only comes with features like steps counter, tracking of breathing, sleep, and menstrual cycles. If you are looking for a better looking wearable tech, then go with Leaf, but if you want more health tracking features then Fitbit is for you.
Both the companies made a lot of health tracking devices and we are going to take the Bellabeat Leaf and Fitbit Versa 2 as they both come in the same price bracket. So, this comparison is going to be as a Bellabeat Leaf vs Fitbit Versa 2.
Health trackers don’t do health tracking, now they can do work as a full-fledged smartwatch as the Premium smartwatches do, you can connect them with your smartphone and can see all your health and fitness stats there and can share that with your friends and family to do the comparisons.
Bellabeat vs Fitbit
Both the fitness trackers have their features and benefits and today we are going to see a detailed comparison between the two and to do that we are going to do a separate review of both the products and then after that, we will discuss the differences and mention the winner of each feature. So, that it will be fair for both of them and to the reader as well so that they can pick the product which suits them best.
Fitbit made a lot of kinds of health trackers but we picked that can come under the same price bracket and that is why we picked the Fitbit Versa 2 for our comparison. And from the Bellabeat’s side, we picked the Bellabeat Leaf.
Fitbit Versa 2 Review
Fitbit is a well-known company in the fitness tracker industry, and recently in November 2019, Google bought the Fitbit company for over 2.1 billion dollars.
You can now make a guess how big Fitbit is, they are the third company in terms of sales of Smartwatches. They came after Apple, Apple is the leading company and Fitbit and Xiaomi are the other two companies that are fighting for the second position.
Fitbit had a wide range of products, but today we are going to review the Fitbit Versa 2. You will see all the features and specs of the Fitbit Versa 2 in our Fitbit Versa 2 Review. So, sit back and read to the end to know how great this smartwatch is.
Build and Design: The design of the Fitbit Versa 2 is quite similar to the famous Apple Watch, the design of the screen is also quite similar to the Apple Watch. Anyone can become a fool when they see the Fitbit Versa 2 for the first time, as the appearance is similar to the Apple Watch.
Fitbit announced the Fitbit Versa 2 in August 2019, the body of the watch is kind of squared circle, the thickness of the Versa 2 is 0.47 inches (12mm), which is a little bit thicker than the Apple Watch Series 3.
The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with one button only on the one side, the previous one comes with three buttons. You can navigate through the settings of the Fitbit Versa 2 with the help of a touchscreen. The display of the Fitbit Versa 2 comes with an AMOLED panel that is protected with the Gorilla Glass 3.
The brightness of the Fitbit Versa 2 is around 1000 nits which sometimes becomes too bright to see, you can adjust the brightness from the settings also.
The pixel density of the Fitbit Versa 2 screen is 300×300, and it also comes with an Ambient Light sensor that adjusts the brightness of the display automatically according to the light intensity of the surroundings.
As the Fitbit Versa 2 comes with AMOLED panel, it means you can also choose the always-on option from the settings and it will not drain the battery, as AMOLED panel uses less battery when you set the display to show black color, this setting comes off by default, you have to enable it from the settings.
User Interface and Battery Life: The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with a new processor that makes it faster than the previous models, you will not face any kind of problems while going through the User Interface, the Fitbit Versa 2 comes with Google’s Wear OS, that makes it great as you can download apps from the Play Store, there are hundreds of applications to download from the Store.
The battery life of the Fitbit Versa 2 is quite decent, you can easily get a two and a half-day of battery life with a single charge, for normal usage.
The company claims that Fitbit Versa 2 can easily last around five days with standard usage. But it is not going to happen with us, you can get around days if you use it moderately.
You can easily find hundreds of designs to choose from, you can even pick designs from the official Fitbit app as well, to get to the interface you can swipe from the left side to the right and it will show you all the applications that you have downloaded, swipe down to get the notification panel.
You can even change the music from the app, and it also comes with Vibration Haptic feedback as well. The Fitbit Versa 2 comes with 2.5GBs of internal storage so that you can download apps and music.
Also read: Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex vs Fitbit Flex 2 – Comparison
You can open the exercise app and choose the exercise you are doing. You can also get notifications from your Android smartphone and can reply to that as well, but if you are using an iPhone, then you cannot reply to your notifications from the watch. It also shows notifications of third-party apps like WhatsApp or Facebook.
It also comes with a built-in Alexa, which you can start by long-pressing the button which is given at the one end of the watch. And you can even use the watch to do the payments where you will find the Fitbit pay option.
Fitness Tracking: Fitbit Versa 2 doesn’t come with its own GPS sensor, but it uses the GPS of the smartphone to collect the data of route, distance, heart rate, sleep tracking, floors climbed, etc. As it is a fitness tracker, it comes with all kinds of fitness tracking features like step counter, distance covered, routes you took, etc.
Fitbit also has a premium feature that you can start by paying a monthly subscription, but for a normal user, you will not find any problem in the free version.
The Fitbit app comes with tons of features, and you can use it as you want. The only problem with the Fitbit Versa 2 is that it doesn’t show the sleep tracking as accurate as it needs to show.
PROs and CONs
- Affordable: The pricing of the Fitbit Versa 2 is quite decent, you are getting a lot of features in this price bracket that makes it perfect for many people.
- Great Features: Fitbit Versa 2 packs a lot of features like AMOLED display, ALEXA support, impressive battery life, Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Lightweight Design: The watch is quite light as compared to the previous models, you will not face any issues wearing this whole day.
- Lacks GPS: Fitbit Versa 2 doesn’t come with a GPS sensor, as it uses the GPS of the connected smartphone to track all the stats.
- Doesn’t connect with Apple Health and Google Fit: The Fitbit Versa 2 doesn’t get integration with the other third-party health apps.
- Cannot listen to music while offline: You cannot listen to your music while being offline.
Bellabeat Leaf Review
Bellabeat Leaf is not a typical fitness tracker that we used to see, it is more of a smart jewelry, it is popular among the ladies because of its design and looks. Bellabeat was founded in 2013, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
This company is popular because of the Bellabeat Leaf and they have sold more than 700k Bellabeat Leaf to this date and are still counting. And today we are going to discuss its features and specs in detail in our Bellabeat Leaf Review.
Build and Design: The body of the Bellabeat Leaf comes in steel as well as in wooden finish, it depends on which one you choose, you can either wear this with the bracelet or with the necklace, the Bellabeat Leaf is 2 inches of tall and around half inches thick.
Many times people think that this is a real piece of jewellery instead of any kind of health tracker, it comes with many types of bracelets and necklace designs that can easily suited with your different dresses.
Bellabeat Leaf is a waterproof device, it doesn’t have any kind of display or buttons to control, you have to control the device and see the health stats from the smartphone app that is available for both Android and iOS.
Fitness Tracking and Battery Life: Bellabeat Leaf is built by keeping ladies in mind as it has some features that can help ladies. You can track steps, breathing, sleep, and menstrual cycles. That can help ladies to keep themselves healthy and fit. But it doesn’t come with a heart rate sensor.
You can sync all the data to your smartphone app with the help of Bluetooth. The Bellabeat Leaf also comes with the silent alarm feature, that can be helpful for some people who don’t like traditional alarms that can disturb other people.
The Bellabeat Leaf doesn’t come with a rechargeable battery, you have to change the coin cell lithium battery after every six months. The Bellabeat Leaf can easily record the 14 days of data on its internal memory.
After that you need to sync the data to your phone if you want to see the above 14 days of data.
PROs and CONs
- Stylish: The design of the Bellabeat Leaf is pretty stylish and can be easily suited with any kind of dress you wear.
- Can Track Menstrual Cycle: The Bellabeat Leaf is the only fitness tracker that comes with this feature.
- Doesn’t have HR monitor: You cannot track heart rate with the Bellabeat Leaf.
- Doesn’t have a screen: Bellabeat Leaf doesn’t come with any kind of screen to see the stats on the go.
- Not for professional athletes: Bellabeat Leaf is not for professional athletes, as you cannot track all kinds of health data with the Bellabeat Leaf.
Bellabeat Leaf vs Fitbit
Now here are here at the end of the Bellabeat Leaf vs Fitbit comparison, now we are going to see which one is the winner in each segment and why we picked that as a winner.
- Features: In terms of features, the winner is Fitbit Versa 2 as it has tons loads of features as compared to the Bellabeat Leaf, like Fitbit has, Touchscreen, Alexa support, Heart rate sensor and can count calories as well. (Winner: Fitbit Versa 2)
- Looks and Designs: In terms of looks, the winner is Bellabeat, look if you are a girl or you don’t care about how the Fitbit looks and you want a fitness tracker that you can wear with many of your dresses than the winner is Bellabeat Leaf. (WInner: Bellabeat Leaf)
- Battery: The winner of the battery is Bellabeat Leaf, as it can last 6 months with one cell, but after that, you need to change that. But the battery of Fitbit also last four days on a single charge and can be easily charged with the magnetic connector provided in the box. (Winner: Bellabeat Leaf)
- Pricing: Here in the pricing department, the winner is Bellabeat Leaf, as it is more affordable than the Versa 2. (Winner: Bellabeat Leaf)
- Overall: But in terms of overall, the winner is Fitbit, it can be used by anyone, but Leaf can only be used by ladies only and has limited features. (winner: Fitbit Versa 2)
Both the fitness trackers are excellent in terms of features, battery backup, pricing, etc, but for now you have to pick the winner here. If you don’t care about the Fitbit’s features then you can go with the Bellabeat Leaf as it comes with Menstrual cycle feature, this feature doesn’t come in any other fitness tracker till this date.
But if you care about the features then Fitbit is the best option for you. If you have any question regarding the Bellabeat vs Fitbit comparison you can comment below, we are happy to help you.