There are many exercise machines out there to train your calves, but which one is BEST among them? Here we have compared some of the Best Seated Calf Raise Machine in our article. So, that you don’t have to do a lot of searching and all, we have done the hard work for all of our readers.
Calves, one of the most “stubborn to gain muscles” parts of our body. But we can’t just sit back and wait for the muscles to appear by itself, right? So, to help you make the best choice we have this write up about the best-seated calf raise machine.
A calf machine is basically of a seated workout type and a standing workout type. In this write up we will talk about the seated calf raise machine.
Calf workout equipment too varies in various types. It depends upon the need of the user or to some extent their comfort, adjustment, and effectiveness of that machine in giving the desired or expected result of the user.
Best Seated Calf Raise Machine
Calf exercise equipment is one of the most easily found equipment to be available in any gym be it public or private gyms.
Calf muscles are a big deal to keep in shape and it is said that alike all equipment you should not compromise to get the best machine that can solve your purpose and fit in all aspects of your budget, warranty, durability, features, design, appearance etc.
In this write up we will cover all the details about the top two best-seated calf raise machines, the alternatives that you can opt for, why calves workout is necessary, the difference between the seated and standing calf machine, points you need to keep in mind while buying a calf raise equipment and many more things, basically we will make sure that before you exit this page you have decided the machine you are welcoming home!
Picking a Best Calf Machine is a difficult choice to make. At present in the fitness equipment field there are many seated calf raise machines, but to make the choice that fits in your pocket, meets up all your requirements and looks stylish in the gym or your home gym.
For a matter of fact exercising on a seated calf machine is better than any standing exercises you do for the calves. Be it losing fats or trying to shape your muscles in a lean manner, the seated position of working out for the calves is always a better-preferred option.
It has more emphasis on the soleus muscle. alike the abs, biceps and triceps, calves are also the muscular part of the body which you can not neglect to keep in a good shape. It is one of the strengthful and shock-absorbing parts of the body.
There is no denial of the fact that a good seated calf raise machine is a very important part of the gym equipment family. To make the best choice in it is as important.
Some important things that it should have been is that it should be chrome-plated one Olympic diameter peg to keep the load secure and to decrease the chances of scratches.
Durability is of the essence because if you are investing in a machine that is a heavy-duty solver and is a daily requirement that is going to be used by many users then it should have a good amount of warranty and otherwise, it should be a strongly built equipment.
Hence to guide you with two such best products that successfully have filled the checklist of requirements, we provide you with the details further.
|1.||XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine||Dimensions: 47.6” x 22.1” x 42.5”|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|2.||Valor Fitness Calf Raise Machine||Dimensions: 6″ x 21.9″ x 45.9″|
Warranty: Frame: 3, Pad: 2year , Pin: 1year
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|3.||BodySolid Seated Calf Raise Machine||Dimensions: 47″ x 23″ x 39″|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|4.||Deltech Fitness Calf Raise Machine||Dimensions: 47″ x 19″ x 36″|
Warranty: Not Mentioned
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|5.||Body-Solid Powerline Seated Calf Raise Machine||Dimensions: 45″ x 21″ 32″|
Warranty: Frame: 10year, Parts: 1year
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|6.||Soozier Adjustable Seated Calf Raise Machine||Dimensions: 48″ x 23″ x 41″|
Weight Capacity: 440lbs.
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine
XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine is among the Best Calf Machines as well as among the top 100 in weightlifting machines.
As we know that training the calves can be a notoriously tough task, XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine is a big support system to make your workout interesting and easier which makes it a great tool.
The design of XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine is one of the appreciable points. It is simple, lightweight and with the stylish appearance, it fits fabulously in any gym.
If you opt it for your home gym, be rest assured that it consumes less space so you have a point for having it.
It is a complete steel construction. Bolted on skid resistant feet makes sure you remain on the seat and the machine remains sturdy. Calf raises an increase in running and athletic performance.
Women usually desire to have shapely legs by balancing the thighs and lower legs. Men whereas the desire to build in more strength and size.
The XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine is designed with height adjustable swivel thigh pads, dual Olympic weight posts and a wide, textured, non slip foot brace bar.
Let us begin with specifications of the XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine:
- XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine can be used to perform workouts to build shapely and strong calves.
- It is a machine suitable for amateurs as well as very professional gym freaks.
- It can be simply used for a light workout to lose extra fats.
- It has height adjustable swiveling thigh pads that ensure every small, average, or tall height person can use it without any difficulty due to their heights.
- It has rubber grip handles which are a very good part of it. You need not worry about losing balance during a workout due to the handlebars slipping through your hands. The rubber grips are good to handle as well as they can bear with the amount of sweat that comes out during your workout sessions keeping it steady yet.
- The handle grips also have these finger grips carved on them which gives you double the assurance.
- Its foot brace bar is wide enough for a big size shoe to fit in as well. It is textured as well which makes it non-slip.
- The dual Olympic plate weights posts is a feature to count on. When buying a calf raise machine, this feature is a must to go for a good model.
- The grips and body are enhanced with the dura guard vinyl to make it tear and sweat resistance.
- The entire machine is bolted on skid resistant feet.
- It is a heavy-duty and low maintenance machine.
- The whole machine’s body is coated with a baked powder finish.
- This machine does not consume much of the space so you can add up some more masterpiece equipment to your gym collection.
- There is not much to assemble in this machine. The majority of its parts are pre-assembled and it comes as a one-piece itself.
- It is heavy-duty with a good amount of warranty period.
- The maintenance part does not require much attention for the XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine.
- It is top-rated among the other seated calf raise machines and has better reviews than the other leading models in the market
- It has an amazing design
- It is simple in appearance and to use as well
- Effective and quick results can be noticed
- Heavy-duty and durable nature
- It gives consistent customer satisfaction with majority good reviews
- It has Olympic plates as standard with zero additional charges for sleeves
- Fastenings of the machine are not very perfect and might need attention to make the most of this product
One of the best points about the XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine is that it has a lifetime in house warranty. This means you have bonus equipment at your gym.
XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine is a great example of the Olympic weight plate structure as it provides a simple and versatile way of working out for the calves with the equipment you might already have.
Because of the Olympic peg system, you can load any existing standard- Olympic sized plates on to the calf machine. This adds up zero cost to your bill for the new weight stacks or adapter sleeves.
It is a relatively small and easy machine that can move around and be stored at a place without consuming much of the space. So basically this machine has all the best reasons to be ruling the market in the seated calf raise machine options despite minor downs as mentioned.
Well, there are ample machines in the market for different requirement fulfilments. In the seated calf machine range, there are these must-have points that XMark Seated Calf Raise Machine qualifies. Let’s look at another such machine which is also among the top five choices in this field.
Valor Fitness Calf Raise Machine
Valor fitness Calf Raise Machine is another machine that is among the top 10 best-seated calf raise machines and the top best 100 fitness equipment machines. It is a heavy-duty machine.
The CC 5 calf machine is constructed with 12 gauge steel for strength and durability enhancement. It is a great tool to increase lower body strength, lose extra fats, to improve performance especially for athletes in a multitude of sports.
It has a diamond footplate where the user can place the balls of their feet and a continuous steel rod that has chrome-plated sleeves to load weights. Each of the sleeves measures 11.5” with a 2” diameter to fit Olympic weights and bumper plates.
This Valor fitness Calf Raise Machine has a high density, dual-layered vinyl pad design for ultimate comfort under intense stress. The seat of Valor fitness Calf Raise Machine is tapered and measures 16″ to 12″ and 2.25″ thick.
The knee pad is comfortable during the most intense workouts. Its dimensions are 3.5″ x 4″. It is adjustable as well to the user’s preference in 6 vertical positions and 5 horizontal positions. It can be easily adjusted using the steel popper pins.
As soon as you find the desired position comfortable you can simply lift the knees by pushing through the balls of your feet with your calves and move the safety bar to the side for a full range of the position.
The steel grip handles on top of the knee pad provide stability, the CC-5 can be mounted to the floor. Let’s have a look at the specifications.
- Heavy-duty calf raises machine:- The CC-5 calf machine is constructed with a 12 gauge steel for strength and durability. It has the diamond plated footplates that provide stability and sturdy while performing the workout.
- Calf strengthening:- you can use this machine to aim the soleus calf muscle and accelerate calf muscle growth in your workout. Calf raises also help to treat and prevent shin splints by strengthening the calf, as well as assisting in Achilles rehab.
- Adjustable calf machine:- Valor fitness Calf Raise Machine is made of steel popper pins, the knee pad can be adjusted to 6 different vertical positions and 5 horizontal positions. After finding the preferable position, lift the knees and move the safety bar for a full range of motion.
- To perform calf raises:- flex your calves and explode through the balls of your feet at the full ankle extension and raise the heels. Hold this position for a while until you can’t further then slowly return to the beginning position by dropping the heels below the footplate.
- Additional:- it improves strength, power, and performance. Max weight load of 400 lb. Total footprint measures 51″ x 24.5″ x 36″. Valor fitness Calf Raise Machine meant for home gym workout and light commercial use or physical therapy, injury or prevention purposes.
- All the necessary or required parts are adjustable
- Consumes less space
- Heavy-duty body
- Great design
- Value for money
- Kind of outclassed by similar price range products
- Concerns for quality assurance with missing/ broken/ unfit/ parts and lack of care
The Valor Fitness Calf Raise Machine, one of the Best Seated Machine Calf Raises has a 3-year frame warranty, 2-year pad warranty, and 1-year popper pins warranty.
The company also assures smooth and efficient working of the machine and there is no denial to the fact when you read the customer reviews about this majorly positive machine.
BodySolid Seated Calf Raise Machine
Body-Solid GSCR349 Seated Calf Muscle Machine comes from an American brand that is dedicated to manufacturing fitness equipment such as smith machines, weightlifting bars, plates, racks, etc.
These machines are used not only in a personal or public gym but at hotel gyms, military, various health clubs, professional sports teams, etc.
Fitness enthusiasts from different sectors and domains have trusted their fitness equipment over the years and that is why we decided to include this particular seated calf raise machine in our list.
An utterly comfortable design which aims to not lay any stress on the ball of the foot and promotes deep muscle work.
This quality of a calf exercise equipment makes sure that you have a comfortable time with your machine and can work out for longer durations without having the urge to quit. This is also a pretty durable piece since it is made of heavy steel.
So, when you have installed it in your public gym you need not worry about the fact that it might be damaged in a short time with intensive use.
- User- friendly ergonomic design makes it very easy for the user to operate the machine and get used to it.
- Advanced biochemical engineering keeps up with the latest technology and does its job.
- Increases calf muscle interaction to tone the muscle and give you the desired results.
- Unique foot platform design makes sure you focus only on the exercise and nothing else.
- Provides maximum motion for deep muscle fiber penetration.
- Operates on a 3:1 weight ratio for giving you well-toned muscles.
- Ultra-smooth pillow block provides comfort.
- Pillow block bearings at main pivot points for smooth movements throughout the exercise session.
- Thick and comfortable knee and seat pads.
- Adjustable according to the users.
- Angled foot platform.
- Easy to use
- It can be used in various places such as schools, community fitness centers, military, etc.
- The angle of the foot support can be annoying
- Does not provide support for 2” diameter plates
- The adapter sleeves are not easily accessible and are expensive
- It can be a little difficult to use for large people
The frame and welds of the calf raise machine come with a lifetime warranty while the pulleys, bushings, bearings, hardware, plates, guide rods have a three-year warranty. The other parts such as the cables, upholstery, grips have a warranty for a year as well.
Deltech Fitness Calf Raise Machine
The DF805 is a very simple, easy and to-the-point type of seated machine calf raise. Suiting all body varieties, from beginners to body-builders this machine becomes an all-rounder.
Talking about the brand which most of us pay attention to whenever we are looking forward to buying something, it is Deltech Fitness.
At Deltech, they strive to not bring out the cheapest equipment in the market because then it will lead to the hampering of quality but manufacturing and selling fitness equipment which is worth the money the consumer is paying.
Hence, you can expect the same with this calf raise machine as well. When you look at the pictures on the internet it seems to be no extra calf workout equipment which will surely fit the expectations of many.
Not only this, the heavy-duty but no-nonsense design is pretty unique and useful when your gym hasn’t got much space or you keep on changing places. The quality, however, can be a little questionable where the placement of the parts makes the whole machine difficult to work with and dangerous.
Apart from that, it can also be uncomfortable for many users out there resulting in a tiresome workout routine. Here are the specifications, features, pros and cons of the product to give you a better insight into the product.
- Heavy Gage steel tubing accounts for the quality of material used and its durability.
- Tough powder coat paint contributes to the appearance of the equipment which is pretty decent.
- The footrest is a non-slip one that assures you of no damage while you are exercising.
- Adjustments on the leg pad make it easier for the user to sit in a comfortable and proper posture.
- High-density foam padding looks into providing the amount of comfort required during the workout hours.
- Zinc plated hardware protects them from getting rusted.
- Available exercise: Calf Raise
- Very affordable as compared to other calf raise machines
- The non-slip footrest is innovative and helpful
- Easy pull-pin adjustments to the leg pad
- Easy to clean
- Sweat-resistant top-grade vinyl has been used
- Fits all body types
- Good for beginners as well
- The design and structure are not fully reliable
- Some parts are poorly built
- Poorly-positioned foot support
- Can cause stress on some of the body parts
Warranty: The frame of the machine comes with a lifetime warranty and can be replaced while the upholstered parts have a warranty for only a year. This warranty is valid only if the defect is in workmanship or any other part of the equipment.
The original purchaser is only liable for availing the warranty and can do so by presenting the proof of the original purchase. This goes with all the products but the warranty period for other parts is quite less.
Body-Solid Powerline Seated Calf Raise Machine
This has to be the most inexpensive pick in the whole writeup. If you are on a budget and want to tone up your calf muscles this has to be the one. It comes with all the features and facilities you pay for.
It might not be the best when compared to the other suggestions we have made but since we are inclusive of all the types of readers we have we had to do this.
Now, owning a home gym does not necessarily mean that you have to splurge a whole lot of money on buying different equipment, set it up, and then start with your workout.
What if you lose the motivation and don’t end up visiting your gym as often as you have imagined. Isn’t that a waste of money? Well, it surely is.
Hence, if you are starting with workouts and do not want to spend a whole lot of money on buying expensive machines you can start with an affordable and inexpensive one, or even if you simply don’t feel like splashing out you can start with this.
While this is strictly for calf exercises there are other affordable machines for other exercises as well. For now, let’s get started with knowing all the facets of the Body-Solid Powerline seated calf muscle exercise machine.
The Powerline machine calf raises has a 10-year warranty for the frame and one year warranty for all the other parts.
- An adjustable design that can accommodate users of all shapes and sizes.
- Comes with an angled foot platform that has a non-slip surface for extra security.
- The amount of resistance can be adjusted by adding weight plates which are sold separately.
- Operates on a 3:1 weight ratio.
- It is compact and doesn’t take much space.
- Designed for a smooth and friction-free movement.
- It can also be used with collars.
- Quite affordable
- Can be adjusted
- Has a no-slip foot platform
- Doesn’t come with weight plates
Soozier Adjustable Seated Calf Raise Machine
The Soozier adjustable calf raise machine which is our last recommendation of all the calf muscle exercise machines serves to be the perfect buy in every aspect that a consumer can imagine. This isn’t something hypothetical but the ratings and reviews all over the internet speak for it.
The first thing that must have popped up in your brain would be the appearance. So, the machine is scratch-resistant and has a powder coat finish. Doesn’t that give you the idea of a perfect gym buy?
Talking of the material that has been used for the frame, it is high-quality steel which says about the durability of the equipment and the time it is going to spend in your private gym without any hindrance. The machine can hold up to 440 ls of weight, isn’t that impressive?
With a design that does not help you build stronger and more powerful calves but is also easy and comfortable for the users, the equipment comes with a unique foot platform design to avoid any stress on your feet.
Also, it has adjustable thigh pads to help you fit in comfortably and focus on your workout and nothing else.
It also does the job of providing comfort when you decide to work out a little more but don’t want to feel tired and exhausted. Here are the Specifications, Features, PROs, and CONs of one of the best-seated calf raise machines. It comes with a lifetime warranty of the steel frame.
- Dual Olympic weight posts
- Textured, non-slip foot brace bar
- The foot platform has been designed in a way to reduce fatigue and tiredness.
- The steel that has been used is of premium quality and is powder-coated.
- The user can adjust the parts to fit in comfortably.
- To enable easy operation, rubber grips have been added.
- The seat is well padded and comes with thigh pads as well.
- It is required to assemble it carefully before usage.
- Durable and strong
- Comfortable workout session
- Adjustable settings
- Comfortable foot platform
- Little expensive
- You need tools for assembling the equipment but it doesn’t come with any
These were some of the best-reviewed and rated calf muscle machines which catered to different needs and expectations of the different types of readers reading this. There is a perfect choice for each one of you.
But before you recognize that it is important that you know what you expect from your latest addition of gym equipment and then the process of making a decision will be a whole lot easier.
Now, though they are different all of them do have some similarities such as all of them come with the user manual which has all the assembly, maintenance, exercise, customer care and rest product details mentioned very clearly and elaborated in a way that any layman could understand.
Valor Fitness Calf Raise Machine has the instructions for a workout for beginners as well as professionals which also includes the possible injuries and cure or immediate help or action you should take or seek.
The customer care number is available as well as the website is also there so if you land up in any tricky situation or any query to which you can’t find a solution they are at your service and records tell that they are as prompt as they can be unless some connection errors happen.
Apart from this, it is suggested to be doing any kind of workout in professional surveillance especially if a beginner and consult a physician for any kind of workout schedule before beginning.
If you ask us, we would suggest you go for either the XMark Seated Calf Raise machine or the Soozier adjustable calf raise machine, both of them are amazing. But if you do not want to burn a hole in your pocket while buying gym equipment you can always go for the less expensive ones like we have mentioned in our article.
Now, it might also be a point that you might prefer a standing calf machine and seated ones would not be something you would be comfortable with.
But as per experts and physiology, it is seen and believed that seated calf raise machines are more effective and efficient in working out on your calves rather than the standing ones and that is but obviously for the reason being sitting has more effect on the calves rather than keeping them relaxed and max to max stretched while working out.
Not dating that it would be useful but not as effective as the seated one. In the end, it is your comfort and necessity that matters.
Seeking expert advice or medical opinions is advised and they can also help you out to figure out which is a better choice for you if you are draining energy in the confusion and yet not coming to a conclusion by yourself. Calves are a very muscular and important part of your body and should be taken good care of.
Why are calf exercises important?
Calves are one tough task to bring into a desired shape or basically whatever you desire to have. We have very well discussed this at the beginning of the article why calves need to be given equal attention like one person gives to abs or bice[ps and triceps.
They could be done easily if compared to the calves. Calves, as we know and see, have more muscles and fats and to balance them and get them into shape is a tough task. But if you use the correct machines and correct methods to do it and cater all your time and attention to it while working out on it it can get a lot easier.
Why a sitting calf raise machine rather than a standing calf machine?
If you have a debate running in your mind about this question, let’s make it more clear. Both the seated calf raise machine and the standing calf machines are the two most popular ones. Here is the list of pros and cons for both the machines.
Sitting Calf machine
- Your other muscles are relaxed so you can isolate your calves easier
- Cheaper on an average
- A wider range of models to choose from
- Targets the soleus muscle more than the gastrocnemius
Standing calf machine
- This position helps you put more force on your calves.
- Targets the gastrocnemius more
- You can be creative and use the machine as a standing shoulder press machine as well
- It might put a lot of unwanted pressure and tension on the shoulders
These machines work different parts of the calves. Again it is upon your requirement to make your own wise choice. Having both of them would be effective no doubt but if a set cal raise machine solves your purpose better then there is probably no need to get the standing one as well. It might be unnecessary spending.
There are alternatives to a seated calf raise machine but it’s probably not as comfortable or effective. Below given is the correct technique to practice a seated calf raise workout.
Seated Calf Raise Technique
It very much depends on the method followed to get the result. If you want to ensure that you get the most out of the workouts you do you need to make sure that you follow the correct technique. Or else you can be harming yourself rather than doing any good to yourself. Here we provide you with the step by step process of working out on the seated calf raise machine.
- Load the machine With the appropriate weight, We recommend starting light or even no wait just get the technique right first.
- on the machine placing only your toes and the boys of your faith on the platform.
- Lower the level parts onto your lower thigh, don’t have it too tight or to loose
- Lift the weight slightly so you can leave the safety bar.
- Lower your heels and cards are fully stretched out, whilst inhaling simultaneously
- Raise your Heels by pushing up on your toes and the balls of your feet, go as high as possible and hold at the top for about a century during this movement
- Repeat the process until you reach your desired number of reps.
As said earlier, training calves should not be neglected and should be regular as well. The most effective way to do so is using the seated calf raise machine.
This machine allows you to be seated so that you can relax the other muscles of your body and get all the focus concentrated on the calves.
Weight plates are needed to add to increase the weight, which is not included so if you have them already then you don’t have to spend a penny extra for the weights.
If you already own an adjustable squat rack then you can also use a calf raise the block to perform standing calf raises perhaps it’s better to have an alternative.
How to choose the best-seated calf raise machine?
Well, we have elaborated it enough before but let’s go through it a little more specific so you can clear out any doubts in your mind through this. This is easier to understand and specific to the bullet points so that you can pick Best Seated Calf Raise Machines.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: all the machines usually allow you to adjust the height of the knee pads, it is for the knee pads to lock your legs in so you can perform the exercise.
- ADJUSTABLE DISTANCE: the distance should be adjustable so the weight plates are further away from you and this is more beneficial for people with long legs then your knees can end up touching the weights so having adjustable one will prevent this.
- WEIGHT PLATE DIAMETER: the diameter of the weight plate loader determines what size plates you can use. 1″ or 2″, it is usually either of them. Some machines come with Olympic pegs or sleeve adapters which convert 1″ weight plate loaders to 2″ giving you the option to use both sizes.
For machines that only accommodate 1″ plates, you can buy an Olympic sleeve adapter if you prefer to use both size weights.
- WARRANTY:- the machine will come with a warranty for a good amount of time to keep your mind at peace. But if it’s for home use then the warranty is valid but if not the warranty is void. If you do plan to use it for any other purpose check with the manufacturer for the terms and conditions as it might differ from product to product or from company to company.
So you probably must have made your choice by now we are sure. Out of the many top best-seated calf raise machines, these were the Best Seated Calf Raise Machines as we could figure out. With this, we come to the concluding lines of the write-up. Hope you have found every bit of it useful.
To make sure your efforts are cut down to the minimum we come up with the authentic and every bit of the information about the machines. If you are yet left with any questions, you can quickly write to us in the comment section below. You are likely to get all your queries solved at this one destination.
We’ll also add some of the best selling calf training machines below as well, if you still have any questions regarding our list of Best Seated Calf Raise Machines, you can comment down below, we are happy to help you out.
- Best 2 in 1 Cross Trainer: TOP 10 Products
- Best Trampoline 450 lb Weight Limit: TOP 10
- Best Airdyne bike UK: TOP 6 BIKES
- Best Recumbent Exercise Bike With Moving Arms
- Best Rowing Machine under 500 Dollars that you can buy