Confused between the Garmin Forerunner 35 and Garmin Forerunner 235, definitely that is why you clicked on this article.
Garmin Forerunner 235 and 35 both have some similar features but you can identify these two with the looks as one comes with a round body and one with a square. That is why we are here with a detailed Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235 or Garmin 35 vs 235 comparison.
Both of these two are entry-level smartwatches. But before going further in our article, you can see a quick difference between Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235 with the help of a comparison chart:
|Garmin Forerunner 35||Garmin Forerunner 235|
|Dimensions||40.7 x 35.5 x 13.3 mm||45 x 45 x 11.7 mm|
|Colors||Limelight, White, Blue, Black||Red, Orange, Black|
|Resolution||128 x 128 pixels||180 x 215 pixels|
|Battery Life||Up to 9 days||Up to 9 days|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Yes||Yes|
|Find My Phone||Yes||Yes|
|Water Proofing (up to 50m)||Yes||Yes|
|More Information||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
These are some of the major differences between the two smartwatches. I hope you will get some basic idea of Garmin 35 VS 235, as you can see all the features of both the watches compared in our table.
Garmin Forerunner 35 is the new model or successor of the old model Garmin Forerunner 25, and with this new model, you will get some new features with it. But the other watch Garmin Forerunner 235 is not behind in terms of features with the Garmin Forerunner 35.
The major difference between the two is the price, and this price gap is so big. And that creates confusion among the buyers to pick which one is best and which is the best for their money. You can read the complete Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235 article of our comparison.
We are covering the detailed comparison of both the watches and provide you the complete Garmin Forerunner 235 Review and Garmin Forerunner 35 Review.
And then you will get your answer to “Should I get Forerunner 35 or 235?” First, we are reviewing the watches separately so that you will get an idea.
Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235
Before starting the Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235 comparison we have to know the features and specifications of each, so it is better to provide you Garmin Forerunner 35 Review and Garmin Forerunner 235 Review.
These reviews can help you in a better understanding of the Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235 comparison.
Garmin Forerunner 35 Review
- Looks and Design: Garmin Forerunner 35 is a pretty basic looking fitness tracker, the first thing you will notice is the black and white display, this is great under the direct sunlight.
And the sides of the screen is also quite thick than the other watches. This is the cheapest watch with a heart rate monitor under the Garmin watch collection.
You can use Garmin Forerunner 35 for running purpose as well as it has step counter, heart rate monitor, steps counter etc.
It is not a touch screen so you have to navigate with the help of four buttons.
- Hardware: Garmin Forerunner 35 catches scratches after some time. The band of Garmin Forerunner 35 is quite comfortable, and made up of silicone, and can easily last long.
And it also has GPS which calculates the distance and tracks the route that you have taken. It is also waterproof within 50 meters, which means you can take bath and swim while wearing the Garmin Forerunner 35.
You can use a watch while cycling to measure the distance, speed, and calorie burn. The heart rate sensor is present below the watch and there you will see the charging connectors.
- Battery: According to the Garmin, this watch Garmin Forerunner 35 can provide you 13 hours of backup while training, with the heart rate monitor and GPS working continuously in the background. And 9 days if you use the Garmin Forerunner 35 just for normal use. But according to our basic usage, you will get around five to six days of backup.
- Connectivity: You can connect Garmin Forerunner 35 with the help of USB or Bluetooth Connection with the Garmin Mobile App to see all the data. But you have to charge the Garmin Forerunner 35 with the help of provided clip cable.
- Features: Garmin Forerunner 35 also has some special programs for different kind of workouts like Outdoor running, Indoor Running, Cycling, Walking and Cardio.
These all features come with some basic settings, if you want more advanced setting then go for the Garmin Forerunner 235.
- Notifications: It also comes with vibration alerts to notify you that you about time, distance, calories, and heart rate. It also comes with an Auto Pause feature which comes handy if you have a call between your workout or run.
You will get only basic activity tracking like steps, calories, distance, intensity, sleep, and heart rate.
And it also comes with basic Smartphone notifications like, calls, texts, emails, and some third-party apps, but you have to be in the range of its Bluetooth connection if you want to get notified which is 33meters of Range.
- Activity Tracker: You will get only basic activity tracking like steps, calories, distance, intensity, sleep, and heart rate. And it also comes with basic Smartphone notifications like, calls, texts, emails, and some third-party apps, but you have to be in the range of its Bluetooth connection if you want to get notified which is 33 meters of Range.
You can control music with the help of Garmin Forerunner 35, and you can even save music in the Garmin Forerunner 35. And it can easily connect to iOS and Android with its official mobile app.
It has a live tracking feature, means now you can share your location with your loved ones while running or cycling in real time.
PROs & CONs
- Cost Effective
- Has many features
- Black & White Display
- No touchscreen
- Low-resolution screen
- Small Screen Size
This is the all the features of the Garmin Forerunner 35, and it is a good product or tracker for the average runners who run for two or three times a week.
It comes with basic features but these can help you in tracking your distance, sleep, heart rate, steps, and for an average runner these are enough features.
Garmin Forerunner 35 got some amazing number of reviews in their Amazon selling page, it got 4.1 stars out of 5, with 920 Garmin Forerunner 35 Reviews. You can read customer reviews from the below button. Garmin Forerunner 35 Review is now completed.
Garmin Forerunner 235 Review
Garmin Forerunner 235 and the Garmin Forerunner 230 is almost the same watches the only difference between these are Garmin Forerunner 235 has a heart rate sensor and the Garmin Forerunner 230 doesn’t have one.
So, without wasting more time let’s start our Garmin Forerunner 235 Review.
- Looks and Design: Garmin Forerunner 235 has a round body and comes with a color display and the screen is also quite big then the previous one i.e Garmin Forerunner 230. The design of the Garmin Forerunner 235 looks modern as well.
- Hardware: The strap of the Garmin Forerunner 235 is made up of silicone, which is good to wear and doesn’t mess with the hair of your arm and it is quite comfortable to wear a whole day.
And the weight of the Garmin Forerunner 235 is also very light and you even don’t feel anything in your arm if you wear Garmin Forerunner 235 for a long time.
The heart rate sensor is present in the bottom side with the charging connectors. It comes with a backlight screen and it also has great viewing angles.
You can control the watch interface with the five buttons, three is present on one side and two is present on the other side. The body of this watch is made up of plastic, it can absorb some sort of shocks but it is not a complete shock-proof watch.
- Battery: Garmin Forerunner 235 doesn’t have that great battery life in our testing, But according to the Garmin, it will give you 7 days of battery life if you use it for a basic purpose.
And if you use it daily for running and walking then the battery will last long for 3-4 days, but they are saying that battery life will be improved after a software update.
The reason for the bad battery life is because the heart rate sensor works 24*7 in the background to store all day long data.
- Connectivity: Garmin Forerunner 235 has Bluetooth so that you can sync all your data with the mobile app and the application is available for both iOS and Android.
You can watch all the things like step counts, heart rate data, sleep tracking data, calorie count etc. You can connect your Garmin Forerunner 235 with your Mac or PC with the help of USB cable.
- Features and Activity Tracker: Garmin Forerunner 235 comes with all the essential features that a runner need like Sleep and Activity Tracker, Steps counter, distance counter, Heart Rate monitoring, alarms, step goals, auto-goal, calories burned, music control.
It is a sport watch that means you can count all your runnings (indoor and outdoor running) and cycling data(indoor and outdoor cycling).
It can also measure your speed and can provide you routes, as it comes with GPS (Global Positioning System) with GLONASS, and it can also track the data from other sports like weight lifting, yoga, etc.
- Notifications: Garmin Forerunner 235 can notify you whenever you get a call, SMS, events, weather data, and provide you notifications from other third-party apps. You can get custom watch faces with the help of the Garmin Connect App.
PROs & CONs
- Comes with a lot of advanced features
- Color Display
- Sharp and Bigger Display
- Bad Battery Life
- A little bit heavy
This is the Garmin Forerunner 235 Review, the great thing about the Garmin Forerunner 235 is that it comes with a lot of advanced features and a colorful display, but you have to pay more for this.
And the design of Garmin Forerunner 235 is modern. Garmin Forerunner 235 got 4.2 stars out of 5 in their Amazon Seller page, with sixteen Garmin Forerunner 235 Reviews.
Overall this is a great watch. If you need advanced options then you can go for Garmin Forerunner 235.
Garmin 35 vs 235
Garmin 35 and Garmin 235, both of the watches are amazing, both have all the features need for an average runner, the one which is costly has some more features like.
But if you ask us which one I should pick, then I will go for the Garmin Forerunner 235, as it comes with some advanced features and color display, a bigger display, sharper display, and Garmin Forerunner 235 can store more data then the Garmin Forerunner 35.
In simple words, Garmin Forerunner 235 has many more features than the Garmin Forerunner 35. And this is the main reason of its selling point. But if you have a low budget then you can go for Garmin Forerunner 35, it is also good for an average runner, and it also has all the essential features that you need for the tracking.
So now you can pick the best for your need and budget, with the help of our comparison article Garmin 35 vs 235.
Garmin also made so many other running smartwatches, they will be great alternatives for Garmin Forerunner 35 or Garmin Forerunner 235. There are so many types of watches Garmin made that can be used by athletes and if you wanna check some of them then you can click the below link.
There are some cool watches, that you can take as an alternative of Garmin Forerunner 35 or Garmin Forerunner 235, like Garmin Vívoactive 3, and Garmin vívosmart HR, this is a great alternative if you have a very low budget.
And if you have more budget, too but, then there is another watch Garmin Instinct it is quite high in price but it has more features than the others.
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus is another smartwatch that is made up by Garmin, it is one of the priciest smartwatches that they ever made. You can check their features if you want.
Here is the complete comparison of Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235, but there are some questions many people ask while picking the best among the comparison of Garmin Forerunner 35 VS 235.
You can read some of the questions with their answers from the FAQ section.
What is the difference between the Garmin Forerunner 35 and 235?
The major difference between Garmin 35 and 235, is the design(square & Round), size, display (0.9″ and 1.2″), weight (37g & 42g), screen resolution (201ppi & 204ppi), and some minor features but the main difference is the reviews and ratings, Garmin 35 (4100+) is more popular then the 235 (2500+), you can read all the major differences of these two from our detailed article.
Should I get Forerunner 35 or 235?
If you need a feature packed smartwatch then Garmin 235 is perfect for you as it has more features and if don’t have budget and need an affordable smartwatch, then you can buy the Garmin 35 which comes under $100.
Is Garmin Forerunner 35 accurate?
Garmin Forerunner 35 is not perfectly accurate but it can give you some of the best ratings, as we can understand that this is a smartwatch and the sensor present in watches are so small in size and they are not perfectly accurate as the bigger sensors.
Which Garmin watch is the best?
It all depends on your need and budget, if you need a best and top class Garmin Watch then you can go for Garmin Fenix 5X Plus, and if you have low budget then you can go for Garmin vívosmart HR, and if you have a moderate budget then Garmin Forerunner 235 is best for you.
What is the best Garmin watch for a triathlon?
Garmin made so many kinds of watches for all kinds of runners, and if you ask us which one is best Garmin watch for a triathlon, then here are some of the best watches for Triathlon: Garmin Forerunner 735XT, Polar V800, Garmin Forerunner 935, Garmin Fenix 5, GoLife GPS.
How long does Garmin 35 battery last?
According to the Garmin stats, 13 hours of battery backup while using GPS and HR monitor continuously, and 9 days of backup for normal use, but with our testing, we get 5-6 days of backup.
Does Garmin Forerunner 35 count steps?
Yes, Garmin Forerunner 35 can counts steps as well. You can check all its features from our complete Garmin Forerunner 35 Review.
- Garmin 735 vs 935: One is Definitely Better than other
- Garmin 935 vs Fenix 5: A Deep Dive Analysis
- Garmin Vivosmart HR vs Vivosmart 3, Which Is Really Better?
- Garmin 235 vs 225, Which is best among the two?
- Fuelband versus Fitbit, A Complete Comparison and Buying Guide
- Fossil Gen 2 vs Gen 3: Why Fossil Gen 3 beats Gen 2
- Vivosmart vs Vivosport: Which one is best for you?