Garmin S10 vs S20, one of the most amazing sets of comparisons. Today we are going to do a detailed Garmin S10 Review and Garmin S20 Review and draw a conclusion about which one to buy.
There are so many similarities between these two, but there is only one winner.
Garmin Approach S10 Review and Garmin Approach S20 review will consist of all the customer-friendly details that will save your time and effort of surfing through the entire net.
Garmin S10 golf watch and Garmin S20 golf watch are from the very premium watch company Garmin.
Garmin S10 vs S20
The company has smartly combined the characteristics of a fitness watch and a smartwatch. It will work as a normal watch and work its best on the GPS mode for which it is known.
Designed in a way to fulfill all the requirements of a golf player, Garmin S10 golf watch and S20 golf watch are some exuberant watches available in the market at present.
But to choose between one of these is a difficult task. Worry not, we will go through the detailed comparison of Garmin S20 vs S10.
From Garmin S10 battery life to features, from Garmin S20 warranty to best price, from their durability to design, we will elaborate on each aspect. You name it, we have it!
Apparently there are very few differences in these two watches, it is that minor difference that makes the particular model to rank 1.
Both of these watches help you stay focused on your game and do their part of the job to record all the holes, the transition to the next whole automatically.
Calculate the number of distances played, the amount of time played, and apart from these, it tells you about the weather as well, the yardages, the course where you are playing, etc.
But hold on, what’s the hurry? Let us see all these points in detail to figure out the winner.
|Garmin S10||Garmin S20|
|Dimensions||1.6 x 0.4 x 1.4 inches||37.4 x 47.6 x 11.3 mm|
|Weight||1.28 ounces or 36.28 grams||42.2 gram|
|Display||MIP monochrome screen||Transflective MIP|
|Resolution||128 x 128 pixels||128 x 128 pixels|
|Screen size||0.9’’ x 0.9’’ (23 x 23)mm||0.9’’ x 0.9’’ (23mm)|
|Battery life||12 hours in GPS mode||15 hours on GPS mode|
|Mobile app||Garmin golf app||Garmin approach app|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
Garmin Approach S10 Review
Play with your leisurely on some random golf course or tee up on the favorite resort golf course, Approach S10 knows where you exactly are playing. As said with pride, this watch is a next level mechanism of the advanced GPS system.
The design of Garmin S10 is sleek and lightweight, just perfect for your wrist to avoid the weight of a typical watch and play freely. The attractive features it carries in it is just too little to talk about.
Well as said, a detailed study of all of its designs, body, weight, features, warranty, price, etc is here at your fingertips to save all your time and effort to go through ten websites to convince yourself to buy the Garmin Approach S10.
But wait? Are you sure already to buy this? It truly sounds flattering but let’s run through the features of both the watches to decide your new best buy.
To begin with, let’s look at the specification that will tell you what basic knowledge every customer should have before buying any product. We already made a detailed Garmin S10 review, you can read that as well.
Design: To begin with the design, its appearance is like the apple of the eye. It is sleek enough to give a stylish appearance. Garmin Approach S10 is extremely lightweight.
Although you might assume that a watch having numerous tech-based features must be heavier, to the surprise it is not. Barely 36 grams on your wrist and the focus on the game makes even that much negligible.
Garmin Approach S10 has a color range of black powder grey, granite blue, and white. The screen of Garmin S10 has a 1.8 power glass and a screen which is sunlight readable as well.
Garmin Approach S10 displays the entire green course area where you are playing currently. It also locates hazards like ponds, lakes, creeks, etc.
Garmin S10 is water-resistant up to 5 ATM, it shows and records the completed hole and transitions automatically to the next target hole.
Garmin Approach S10 notifies yardages to the front, back, and middle of the hazards. Basically this mechanism helps you save time as it makes the travel time from one location to the other easier and precise. It is also available as a clip-on.
Battery: Garmin Approach S10 has a rechargeable battery, and it lasts up to 12 hours on GPS mode. As a normal watch, it can last up to 3-3.5 weeks. Garmin Approach S10 requires only 1 CR2 battery to make this watch work. Garmin Approach S10 charges sufficiently in 8-12 hours contradicting the 4 hours time mentioned.
Garmin watches as they are known for its GPS system to have these exuberant features:-
- With over 41,000 courses preloaded courses worldwide, the Garmin approach s10 automatically gains its access to the course you are playing on.
- It automatically transitions after completing a hole to the next hole, yardages to the front, back, and middle of the greens. These points are the most appreciable ones of the Garmin approach s10.
- It keeps the record of the holes you have completed and the number of holes that are to come.
- It tracks the number of rounds, total distance played and total time played as well.
- If you use the Garmin approach app, your scorecards are duly updated on it with high accuracy and you can refer to them anytime.
- Keeping the tedious work of jotting down each detail of the game, the mobile app feature makes it easier and eco friendly.
- It is waterproof up to 5 ATM.
- Its battery life is 4 active hours on GPS mode and 3-3.5 weeks as a normal watch.
- Its sleek design and lightweight of 36 grams is something to count upon.
- It has a good fitting on all sizes of wrists and is comfy. It doesn’t bother you during your game to be buckled up properly again and again.
Warranty: Garmin Approach S10 comes with a warranty period of one year. An extended warranty is taken by some users and it is also replaceable if any parts are found damaged or not functional during the initial weeks of the buy date.
Garmin S10 is not a high maintenance watch. Charging it for the required amount of time as and when needed is good enough. Overcharging might harm the battery of the watch.
Beyond 5ATM, the watch is not waterproof. This should be kept pinned in the user’s mind. It has tough glass and a perfect fitting wrist band which keeps it safe to your wrist and doesn’t give any chance for it to fall and break.
- It has no complicated features
- All its features work accordingly in the manner as mentioned in the manual
- It is very easy to use
- It is budget-friendly considering its fantabulous features
- Readable under any source of light
- Lightweight and sleek design
- No touch screen
- No Bluetooth
- Rests awkwardly on the wrists in spite of its good fitting
- GPS can be spotty on cloudy days
- Low screen resolution
- Contradictory to the 4 hours charging time mentioned, it takes a sweet amount of time of 8 to 12 hours to charge sufficiently
- GPS being its key point consumes a lot of battery and has lesser active time
This was all about the Garmin Approach S10 Review.
You probably must be feeling so convinced about the Garmin S10 golf watch. There’s so much about this watch that can be put to work meanwhile you are enjoying the game fully focused.
To make sure you buy the one that is the winner, we will further move to the Garmin approach S20 review.
Garmin S20 Review
We went through the Garmin Approach S10 review and we’re sure we have kept you hooked on this review of Garmin approach S20 golf watch. To begin with this review, we would mention that there are not many differences between the two models but the few which are there make that one model something that you wouldn’t like to miss out.
Design: Alike Garmin approach S10, Garmin approach S20 golf watch is also lightweight i.e, 42.2 grams. Definitely a few grams more than s10 but for very obvious reasons.
It is sleek in appearance, it combines in the elegant watchband design.
Garmin S20 is also available in matte black, granite blue, powder grey, and white color. It has this advanced green view screen.
This feature enables you to view the location of the entire green course where you stand and you can relocate it in case you are not in that particular place.
Garmin Approach S20 has a chemically strengthened glass. It locates the hazards like ponds, creeks, lakes, etc. and displays on the screen. Garmin Approach S20 is also available as a clip-on.
Battery: Garmin Approach S20 has a lithium-ion battery. As a GPS watch, it has a battery backup of 15 hours. And as in standby mode, it works for 8 weeks. For charging Garmin Approach S20 sufficiently you need 8 to 12 hours. The battery is included in the package.
Garmin S20 has the best of the best features:-
- Its AutoShot round analyzer measures and auto-records short distances.
- It can pair with a Garmin TruSwing™ sensor for metrics to improve your swing consistency.
- Its CourseView feature automatically updates frequently played courses for free.
- It has the Bluetooth feature enable through which you can receive smart notifications for incoming calls, texts, and other alerts.
- While you are focused on the game, the approach s20 AutoShot round analyzer tracks shots, measures distance, and records shot locations for post-round analysis on Garmin Connect.
- The Garmin Connect golf community allows you to play, record, update and compare your scores.
- It has a daylight saving time feature.
- It works as an alarm clock.
- It has the sunrise and sunset time updates.
- It has an accelerometer.
- Apart from the game detail updates, it has the step counter and calories burnt information.
- It measures shot distance.
- Pool swim features include basic rest timer.
- It is waterproof up to 5 ATM.
- It runs well on GPS mode for 15 hours and as a smartwatch for 8 weeks.
- It has these many features yet weighs only 42.2 grams which are a perk.
- The sleek body and lightweight.
- The wristband is designed and stylish. Along with a good appearance, it fits well on the wrist.
Warranty: Garmin Approach S20 comes with a warranty of 1 year and extended. Again, not a high maintenance watch. Garmin S20 should be charged until full and undisturbed charging is better. Overcharging it can affect the battery.
- Bluetooth enabled
- Easy to use
- Moneywise worthy
- Advanced green screen
- Daytime saving
- Garmin Connect app needs to work
- Smartphone connectivity issues
Garmin Approach S10 vs S20
So after this detailed Garmin S10 vs S20, it is very clear to us that the Garmin Approach S20 golf smartwatch is the winner in the Garmin S10 vs S20 comparison.
The difference between the Garmin S10 and S20 being that Garmin S20 has the Bluetooth feature that is commendable as said by the users.
The best thing about Garmin’s Approach is that each of its products is uniquely qualified in their checklists. This premium range of golf watches is an amazing choice for regular wear as well as for sports.
Nothing can be better if the product fits in your budget and at the same time fulfills the parameters of a smartwatch and fitness tracker. And with the number of active hours, there is definitely no question to go for the best.
The Garmin Approach S10 golf watch is a good choice if you can adjust without the Bluetooth service and the few more features that S20 has and it is also cheaper in comparison to the S20.
At the same time, the Garmin Approach S20 golf watch is an excellent choice and cost-effective if you consider the features, the design, and all the aspects of S20.
We would definitely suggest you go for the Garmin Approach S20 because after having an elaborated look at the review, one wouldn’t feel like compromising on a feature like Bluetooth.
If you are a pro golf player and have a very good focus on the game, at the same time you cannot keep your priorities aside and need to stay connected, the Bluetooth service of this product can serve your purpose.
You wouldn’t have to keep your phone along with you and constantly keep a check on it.
The Bluetooth of this device will let you know what the notifications are and you can choose to deviate from the game as and when necessary.
So with this, we would like to end the Garmin S10 vs S20 comparison. I would give Garmin S10 of 4.5 out of 5 stars and Garmin S20 a 4.7 out of 5 stars. For any other queries or questions, you can drop your words in the comment section below.
What is the difference between the Garmin S10 and S20?
Garmin S10 is non touch gold watch, and it doesn’t have bluetooth, and comes with low screen resolution display, but it is lightweight and easy to use. On the other hand, S20 comes with Bluetooth, but it is not as affordable as S10, but the S20 is more famous and has more reviews then the S10.
Which is newer Garmin S10 or S20?
The Garmin S10 is the new model, and that is why it has less reviews as compared to the S20, and it is more affordable as well.
Does Garmin S10 have Bluetooth?
No, Garmin S10 doesn’t have the Bluetooth feature.
What are the difference between garmin approach S10 and S20?
Garmin S10 comes with less features and is affordable and has more reviews and ratings as compared to the S20. Garmin S10 doesn’t have Bluetooth, and is non touch screen, and low resolution display, whereas the Garmin S20 comes with touchscreen and Bluetooth feature, and comes with other small features.