Confused about buying the Gravity FSX 1.0, whether it is worth buying? What features it comes with, and what are the problems that comes with? There are many questions before buying this bike, and we are here to help you in making a better buying decision here in our Gravity FSX 1.0 Review.
Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain bike is one of the best beginner mountain bikes in this price bracket. It is an entry-level mountain bike that comes with dual disc brakes, adjustable preload feature. Gravity FSX 1.0 is a perfect option for people who just started mountain biking, as it has all the features that you need, and it doesn’t cost you a lot.
|Size||15, 17, 19, and 21 inches|
|Frame||Hydro-formed Aluminum Frame|
|Speed||24 speed with shifter|
|Wheel Size||26” wheels Multithread, Maddux DX221|
|Tires||Multithread 26”*2.1” tires|
|Max Weight Capacity||200 pounds|
Mountain bikes have always been popular in the hiking and cycling market. They have more durability and have features increasing the suspension and shock absorbency to make sure that they last through rough terrain, given that they are off-road bicycles. You would ride a typical mountain bike on dirt roads, mountain tracks, unpaved roads, gravel, gap jumps, and steep grades.
While looking for a mountain bike you should make sure that you see what type of terrain you are going to be cycling on, as there are more specialized bicycles available in the market, which specialized features catering to the kind of terrain. This Gravity FSX 1.0 review aims at providing the best all-around review of the Gravity FSX mountain bike.
This review will contain all the information you need including its special features, Gravity FSX 1.0 mountain bike specs, and prices including our own opinion of the product. We will discuss whether or not the Gravity FSX mountain bike is worth the money and who it is catered towards as well.
No Gravity FSX 1.0 review is complete without discussing the company that makes the mountain bike. Gravity Cycles is a local bicycle shop located in Surrey, the UK which has made is really big in the bicycle market especially sports cycles, even though it was established in 2017. It sells merchandise as well, including safety gear like helmets and other tools.
They also sell clothing. You can place an order online and have an option for free UK shipping if you spend more than 50£. You can also visit their shop in Surrey.
Their website is very informative and user-friendly and provides all the information you need about them and their customer service is also supposedly very friendly and helpful.
Gravity FSX 1.0 Review
The Gravity FSX mountain bike has a lot of features for the price it retails for, off the bat. It looks like a mountain bike that you might purchase from bigger and more professional brands than Gravity, which sells more expensive bikes. This physical similarity leads a lot of people to believe that because the price is so good, that it must not have the same quality.
This Gravity FSX 1.0 review will prove to people otherwise. In this review, we have discussed some of the best features it sports and how it is exactly comparable to the quality of bigger brands with more expensive bicycles.
The company has paid incredible attention to how they could make the quality better as well as keep the prices as low as possible, by incorporating innovative technology to make it so accessible.
It is a full suspension bike along with a hydro-formed aluminum frame which makes it lightweight. The Gravity FSX mountain bike also sports the Suntour shocks for the fork and the rear. This Gravity FSX 1.0 review contains more details about the bicycle.
The Gravity FSX mountain bike is priced at 380 US dollars and has international shipping if you order from Amazon. You can order from the Gravity Cycles website as well.
The price is considered very reasonable as most mountain bikes cost more than 500 US dollars. The Gravity FSX 1.0 review mountain bike is a full suspension bike with a hydro-formed aluminum alloy material frame.
The Gravity mountain bike has Shimano shifting and EFT shifters. The hard braking technology gives you great control and the 24 shifting gear gives you great turning as well as speed and control as well.
The Gravity FSX review mountain bike also has smooth reinforcements along with rear 8 derailleurs. It also has dual suspension for more strength and support for the bike when it is used on rougher terrains.
For more details and our opinion on the Gravity FSX mountain bike, keep reading the Gravity FSX 1.0 review.
- Lightweight: Aluminum has been used as a lightweight building material and component for years due to its durability and non-corrosive properties.
The Gravity FSX mountain bike is one of them, but the aluminum used in this bike is hydro-formed, which means that the shapes of the cycle frame have been formed by a hydrostatic fluid pressing the metal at room temperature to make these complex shapes.
This technique is used to make complex shapes while also retaining the strength of the material as it gets formed at room temperature. The total weight of this bicycle after all the attachments are made is around 30 pounds.
- Front and Rear Disk Brakes: The Gravity FSX 1.0 review mountain bikes fitted with a rear and front disk brake to increase the safety factor of it, given that it is a mountain bike and will inevitably be used in rough terrain.
This is why there are more reinforcements in the frame and tire structure as well, which we will discuss further in the review. The brakes are specifically the Tektro Novela 160 mm rotors which make sure that you are the safest that you can be.
Braking is very fast, instantaneous and there is no skidding involved in the braking process as well, given the high-quality braking technology used in this bicycle. Riding over any terrain is easy when you have such superb control over your bike.
According to us, we in our Gravity FSX 1.0 review like other bike review focus a lot on the safety aspect of the equipment and we can say that this one excels on that front.
- Shifting: The Gravity FSX mountain bike comes with CantiBeam Single Pivot technology along with Shimano shifting, which is perfect for this frame. This mountain bike also has a rear coil-over cartridge which can be adjusted as you please.
There are Shimano 24 speed gears incorporated in this design of the Gravity FSX mountain bike which means more speed options and the Shimano technology is the best in the world.
Shimano technology is used all over the world by the best of the best manufacturers and we will discuss that aspect of this cycle in detail later in this review.
- Strength: The gravity FSX mountain bike is made for rough roads and the outdoors. At such an affordable price, it offers incredible durability, strength, and speed. The aluminum frame is very strong in itself, by the smooth welds and the reinforcements on the fork and other parts of the frame along with the dual suspension make it very comfortable, resistant to wear as well as extremely safe.
The frame is connected directly to the handlebar in a straight line, which is a design that increases the strength of the frame in itself. The fork and rear also have Suntour shocks for increased reinforcement and strength.
- Shimano Technology: In this Gravity FSX mountain bike, while doing our research for this Gravity FSX 1.0 review, we found that the manufacturers have used Shimano technology very extensively to decrease effective costs and increase durability and performance.
A lot of key components of the Gravity FSX review bike like the brake levers, 24-speed drive train for a cassette, and the front and rear derailleur are all Shimano, making them very reliable and high quality, enough to make you assured that you are not getting ripped off, just because you are not paying 500 US dollars for a mountain bike. All these components are duly certified as well, to provide maximum customer satisfaction.
- Speed and Performance: One of the biggest factors for us in this Gravity FSX 1.0 review, is the speed that a bike can provide. This Gravity FSX mountain bike has a Shimano 24-speed shifting high-quality gear system which allows you to reach incredible speeds gradually and safely.
This is the largest speed available in the market and is an absolute delight for adrenaline junkies who love high speeds and racing through rough mountain terrains.
As mentioned earlier, safety is very important to us at Gravity FSX 1.0 review as well, and this bike passes all safety measures as well, be it in the brakes, wheels or the structure itself. You will not lose control of the bike as you ride it at full speeds.
- Dual Suspension (Entry Level): The Gravity FSX mountain bike sports a Suntour long front suspension and KS Coil-cover rear suspension. These are two of the best suspensions you can get for the price that this bike comes in. It supports a maximum of 200 pounds through unpaved paths and rough mountainous terrains.
You can trust these suspensions to not let you get injured. You do not need a lot of maintenance on these suspensions either. They can support more than 200 pounds easily as well, but not for very long periods, if you do not want serious damage to the bike parts.
- Wheels (26 INCHES): The wheels are 26 inches as they help with long-distance riding. They are made suitable for mountain biking and bike racing so that this Gravity FSX mountain bike can be used as commuting, mountain as well as a racing bike on a budget.
The size and spoke arrangement of the wheels also helps in increasing the control of the bicycle as well as minimize slipping and skidding.
- Comfort: The saddle of the Gravity FSX mountain bike is very comfortable by the Gravity FSX 1.0 review, for people even above 200 pounds. It might not be the most comfortable of all time, but it’s good enough for the price.
The shock-absorbing suspensions and controllable handlebar design, as well as the braking system, make sure that you are provided with the maximum comfort that it can get you based on design and materials.
The body of the Gravity FSX 1.0 review bike is very lightweight and strong, which means that you can lug it around as well if there is any problem.
- Colors and Sizes: The Gravity FSX mountain bike comes in four different colors, as stated in the specification table of the Gravity FSX 1.0 review. It comes in yellow, black, grey, and white colors as well as four sizes to suit your height and needs.
It comes in 15, 17, 19, and 21-inch sizes. You can choose whatever suits you best. This is a huge pro in the Gravity FSX 1.0 review as you generally do not find these many color and size options with more affordable brands in the mountain bike category.
- Assembly: There is some assembly required for this Gravity FSX review mountain bike, you don’t get everything in one piece. But the instructions given are very easy to follow and you should be able to assemble this bike with the utmost ease.
You do not need expert help to do this job. There are also various videos available on the internet which teach you how to do it properly. Keep scrolling down for the Gravity bicycle review pros and cons and more of the Gravity FSX 1.0 review.
PROs & CONs
None of our reviews would ever be complete without a comprehensive PROs & CONs list, and this Gravity FSX 1.0 review is no exception to this rule.
- Very affordable, looks and feels like the quality of a 500 IS dollar mountain bike, but is only around 380 US dollars. It is incredible if you aren’t ready to spend a fortune on a single mountain bike.
- Lightweight and durable
- Reinforced forks and frame
- Comfortable saddle
- Upper weight limit of 200 pounds
- Shimano technology: great quality gears and chain along with smooth shifting system
- Good quality tires, 26 inches in size for maximum control
- Incredible quality brakes for maximum safety and cycle control
- Dual suspension of good quality for shock absorbance while on rough terrain
- Frame made to withstand rough use, hence a great mountain bike on a budget
- Multiple sizes – 4 to be exact are available
- Multiple colors – 4 colors are available
- Can be bought online or in-store in Surrey
- Maximum weight it can withstand is 200 pounds
- 24 speeds available without compromise on comfort
- Easy to maneuver and carry as it is so lightweight
- Safety is taken care of, no hazards due to cycle itself are possible
- Adjustable seats
Gravity FSX 1.0 review would be incomplete without a list of cons as well because no product is absolutely flawless. Even this Gravity FSX mountain bike has some cons which are listed below:
- The Bike can be made lighter than what it is by changing the suspensions and some other changes in the frame and material that is used to make the frame.
- The kickstand is not available in this Gravity FSX mountain bike, which can be explained by the fact that having a kickstand is a hazard while biking through the rougher terrains and mountains, but it is still noteworthy, that you don’t get one in this mountain bike.
- The pedals are not the best quality, as they have been reported to have come off multiple times. But you do get what you pay for.
- There are no mudguards and fenders on this bike, which means that riding through a mud puddle would get you splashed.
- There are no light reflectors on it which means that riding in the night would be pretty unsafe. You can get reflectors yourself if you are going to ride it in the night a lot, as it will increase your safety.
- There is no water bottle holder in this bike as well but you can get a holder and get it attached to the bike if it is something that you need.
- You have to assemble it yourself.
In our opinion, this is a great deal. You get many features in this bike that you would get in other more expensive bikes. This is the biggest pro for us, which we have mentioned multiple times in this Gravity FSX 1.0 review.
Also, you get the safety and control that you would need in a mountain bike. Even though you do not get the extra accessories that you would with a more expensive bike, you get all the basics that you need for a safe and exciting mountain biking experience.
If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive mountain bike which will take care of all your basic needs, the Gravity FSX 1.0 mountain bike might be the one for you, if it is accessible to you. It will need some maintenance, but it is all worth it, trust us. We hope the Gravity FSX 1.0 review helped you with a smarter purchase.
What does the Gravity FSX 1.0 mountain bike retail for?
The Gravity FSX 1.0 retails for 300+ US dollars. It is quite affordable.
What is the maximum weight that this bike can take?
The Gravity FSX mountain bike can take up to 200 pounds and more, but it is advised to keep the maximum limit at 200 pounds as if the weight of the user is more the cycle will last a for a lesser amount of time.
Can the seat of the Gravity FSX 1.0 be adjusted? Will it suit any height?
The seat is comfortable and adjustable, you can change its height according to your needs. There are multiple sizes available for people with different heights and builds, which you can check out.
Is assembly of this bike difficult?
This gravity mountain bike can be easily assembled as the instructions are very clear and helpful and you do not need to be an expert. It is very user-friendly.
- Fortified Bike Review: What makes it a perfect bike for daily use?
- Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike Review: Why it is so POPULAR?
- Schwinn Phocus 1600 Review: Is it that GOOD? REALLY?
- ElliptiGO Arc Review: Is it worth to spend hundreds of Dollars?