Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer is a well-known option for a high-end home gym. It is for those hardcore Trainers who do not want to leave any stone unturned and we are going to give you enough reasons in support of this huge statement.
But before we start with our Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review let us just understand what a Functional Trainer is.
If you think it was first introduced as a gyming machine you are wrong, the main purpose of a Functional Trainer was to rehabilitate injured individuals who could not perform their daily tasks due to some serious injury.
Through Functional Trainer, one could stimulate different activities that he or she generally performs in a day. Functional Trainers’ covers as many exercises as possible thus they prove to be a very investment-worthy gym machine.
With uncountable adjustments that a Functional Trainer offers one can change the focus area thus can target different parts of his body.
FT2 is one of the most well known Functional Trainer and you can find tones of Inspire fitness FT2 Functional Trainer reviews if you search about it, however, the confusion remains whether or not you should buy this costly but full of features Functional Trainer or not.
This is what brings us here to Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review.
In this Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review we will talk in detail about the Inspire FT2 dimensions, features, PROs, and CONs, etc to find out if this Functional Trainer is the best buy or not.
|Dimensions||61″ x 57.9″ x 87.8″|
|Weight of Machine||825 lbs (374kg)|
|Accessories||Pull up bar, smith bar, dual weight stacks, and 6 pulleys|
|Warranty||Frame and Parts: Lifetime (Residential) & Frame & Parts: 10 Years (Commercial)|
|Check Availability||Read Reviews|
Inspire FT2 Review
Dimensions are the most basic thing that plays a major role in deciding whether a Functional Trainer fits your choice or not.
So the first thing that we are going to do in this Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review is knowing about its dimensions that include length, width, height, and weight.
It is quite understood with the above information that this beast will occupy a bit of your space to serve its purpose. However, this space occupancy is worth it since this machine has a lot to offer and that is what we will be talking about next.
- Frame: The frame is a heavy-duty round and rectangular frame which is made of steel and feels extremely strong and sturdy. There is no doubt that Inspire Fitness has taken total care of the quality of its frame, the frame is made of 11 gauge heavy-duty tabular steel.
All the metal body parts of this Functional Trainer are coated with an anti-corrosion paint, this paint is electrostatically applied powder coat which also prevents chipping.
So if we talk about its construction there is no doubt Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer is earning some extra points.
- Features: This Functional Trainer has been made by keeping heavy weight lifters in mind and that is one thing that sets FT2 apart from others.
Features can make or break your decision of buying a Functional Trainer thus we will talk in detail about several features of FT2 in this Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review to provide you a detailed overview of this Functional Trainer that has gathered so much attention.
- Weight stacks: FT2 Functional Trainer comes with dual independent weight stacks, these weight stacks weigh 150 lbs. This weight can be further increased by adding extra weight stack up to 50 lbs.
So basically, the added weight will take it from 150lbs to 200 lbs.
Because of independent dual weight stacks, one can choose either to focus on both sides of the body or just one side so with dual independent weight stacks one can perform the better-balanced workout.
- Smith Bar: This article is all about Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer and Smith Station Review since smith station is an integral part of this Functional Trainer.
This Smith machine is completely adjustable. One thing to mention here about this smith machine is that instead of using weight plates Inspire fitness has used weight stack.
Since FT2 features weight multiplier, it can multiply its weight thus adding more resistance for a more challenging workout. The smith bar has a steel ball bearing installed to it, this steel ball-bearing helps in smooth functioning.
- Pulleys: Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer supports a total of 8 pulley positions. Out of these 8 pulley positions, 2 are wide adjustable pulleys, 2 are narrow high points and the other four are narrow low points.
These pulleys come with 32 height adjustments and have 180 degrees pivoting so with these pulleys one can customize his/her workout according to the requirement; there is a vast variety of workout that can be performed with the help of these pulleys.
Since this pulley system has fiberglass-reinforced 2000 lb tensile steel cables and precision steel ball-bearing system the whole workout experience is very smooth and noiseless.
- Pull-up Bar: Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer comes with an adjustable pull-up bar. The maximum height that can be set on this Functional Trainer is 88 inches that are 224 cm and the minimum height is 83 inches that are 211 cm.
This adjustable pull-up bar allows the Trainer to accommodate a person of different heights which is a big advantage for Inspire Fitness as well as the exercisers who are looking for a Functional Trainer since one doesn’t have to worry for his/her height.
- Weight Resistance: Resistance is the most important part of our Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer review. Why? Well, it is the resistance that challenges the body, if the resistance is not enough challenging; there is no point of spending your hard-earned money on a Functional Trainer.
Inspire Fitness knows that and that is the reason it offers such great resistance. As mentioned before, Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer comes with dual weight stacks.
These weight stacks provide resistance to this Functional Trainer. Both of these stacks are independent and come with 16 weight plates, each of these plates weigh 10 lbs that are 4.5 kg thus the total weight turns out to be 160 lbs that are 72.5 kg (16 plates x 10 lbs).
Extra two 5 lbs that are 2.26 kg weights can be added according to the requirement. But this is not it; FT2 offers force multiplier that can increase the weight to around 820 lbs that are 373 kg.
Force Multiplier is an impressive addition to this Functional Trainer, this weight multiplier doubles the resistance which is good enough for anyone. So for heavy weight lifter Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer is a considerable option.
- Warranty: Warranty is one of the most crucial parts when you are investing your hard-earned money on anything. Thus it plays a major role in this Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review too. And Inspire fitness acknowledges this fact quite well.
For home usage Inspire Fitness offers a limited lifetime warranty on frame and all the other parts on the other hand for commercial usage it offers 10 years warranty period on the frame and other parts.
This awes trucking warranty is a clear indication of high built quality and even if there is an issue this FT2 Functional Trainer is backed up by Inspire Fitness. So it is quite understandable that warranty is one big plus point for Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer.
Inspire Fitness FT2 Exercises
Versatility plays a major role while buying a Functional Trainer since one has to pay a huge amount to get this Functional Trainer the buyer needs to know whether the money he is spending on a Trainer is worth it or just a waste.
Thus in our Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review we will acknowledge all the exercises that one can perform in this Functional Trainer.
We have already mentioned how adjustable this Functional Trainer is and with adjustability comes versatility since each position can help in focusing on different body parts, this happens only because of the variety of settings available.
So for those who want a proper body workout, this Functional Trainer can do wonders. FT2 allows improvising and the switch from one workout to another is very instant yet smooth.
There are around 40 exercises that can be executed using this Functional Trainer. So let’s now dig into different workouts that can be performed in FT2 Functional Trainer.
Several options are available like arm exercises, abdominal exercises, back exercises, chest exercises, leg exercises, and shoulder exercises; so basically, this incredible Functional spares nothing.
For abdomen one can perform cable crunches, cable twist crunches, golf swings etc; for arms bicep curls, close grip pulldowns, lateral single-arm biceps/triceps curl, assisted pull up, pull-ups; for back exercises there is aerobic rowing, crossover rowing, kneeling rowing, lat pulldowns, prone back/reverse flies; for chest pullovers, pullovers with crunches/ twisting crunches, chest flies, chest presses, close grip chest presses, wide grip chest presses, single-arm chest flies, incline/lateral chest flies etc; for leg exercises calf raises, deadlifts, hip abductions, hip extensions, hip adductions, jumping squats, squats, kneeling single-leg squats, twisting squats, wide squats, stand up curls, front lunges etc and for shoulder exercises there are front deltoid raises, lateral arm pulls, lateral deltoid raises, shoulder extensions, shoulder presses, upright rows, etc.
There are several other exercises too that can be performed by doing little adjustments.
When we talk about FT2 Functional Trainer it is quite crucial to know the exercises it supports since the better the number of exercises the better is the chance of you taking it home with you and that is the reason why we paid some extra attention to exercises here in this Inspire FT2 review.
When you are buying a Trainer that cost you so much one thing you would want to know is whether it is worth it or not. And for Functional Trainers like this versatility is one thing that plays a major role. And with this chart it we get the fact that FT2 does not want to leave any stone unturned.
- Build Quality: Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer has a commercial-grade frame that is extremely strong, sturdy and stable. One cannot doubt its impeccable build quality at all. It has a heavy-duty construction which is made of 11 gauge heavy-duty tubular steel. So FT2 lives up to the expectation when it comes to the quality of the product.
- Workout options: The number of workout option that this Functional Trainer offers is commendable. There are a total of 40 varieties of exercises for arm, abdominal, back, chest and shoulder workout. Hence FT2 can provide a full-body workout.
- Smith machine: One major benefit of Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer is that it comes with a Smith machine. This is a major add on, thus we can’t forget to add this in our list of positives in this Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review. The smith machine lets one perform squats and deadlifts on this Functional Trainer.
- Pulleys: Pulleys are of high build quality since they are made of Fiberglass reinforced nylon, this makes them extremely durable. The pulley system works very smoothly it is very quiet too which means it won’t produce any disturbing noise during the workout.
- Warranty: It offers a great warranty period, be it for home gym use or commercial use. So you need not have to worry about any quality issue since Inspire Fitness is backing its customers with a great warranty period and service.
- Excludes bench: One major disadvantage of Inspire fitness FT2 Functional Trainer is the fact that it does not include the bench. If you want to get a bench you will have to pay extra money for that.
- Heavy: This Functional Trainer weighs a lot thus it is difficult to move it once it is installed. Its big structure makes it very difficult to shift it or transport it which can be counted in its cons. The body is big and heavy and requires a lot of space too to accommodate.
- Assembling: Even though it comes with clear instruction yet assembling all the parts of this Functional Trainer is quite difficult and takes a lot of time. It requires a lot of assembling which can’t be done single-handedly.
This list of PROs and CONs states that we do not have much to say bad about this incredible Functional Trainer however even the tiniest problems can bring changes to ones choice thus it is important to know what are the actual requirements and then decide if it is the one for you.
So our Inspire FT2 Review has finally reached the end and there is no doubt we love this Functional Trainer. Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer has got it all. It is a great Trainer for heavy weight lifters.
This Trainer offers an extremely challenging workout. Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer is a great high-end home gym that you can get in the market.
The cost is quite high but this machine makes every buck you spent on it worth it, with the endless number of workout options it serves you with a whole-body workout ( mentioned in the exercises part of this Inspire fitness FT2 review).
With over 40 workout options available this Functional Trainer is a dream come true for hardcore Trainer who does not like to compromise with their workouts.
There is nothing Inspire fitness has not taken care off in this Functional Trainer be it its quality, it unmatchable features or incredible warranty it offers everything a customer might ask for.
It has an extremely ergonomic design which makes it very comfortable to use. And how can we forget about the smith machine that comes with this Functional Trainer, not many Functional Trainers have smith machine installed to them so it is one big advantage of having FT2 Functional Trainer?
All in all this Functional Trainer is a great choice for one who likes to keep on challenging his/her abilities; it offers everything a heavy lifter will ever ask for. Thus if you have got money there is no doubt you should spend it on this beast.
Everything about Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer set it apart from other usual Functional Trainers. So our summary ends in support of Inspire FT2 fitness just like any other Inspire fitness FT2 Reviews and it is quite obvious since this Functional Trainer deserves it.