Marcy Foldable exercise bike is one of the smallest and affordable exercise bikes that one can buy, but it is worth buying? We have made a detailed Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike Review that will help you in understanding all the features of this bike easily.
Exercise bikes have always proved their importance by the advantages they offer so if you thinking of building some stamina exercise bike is one basic exercise equipment you should go for.
Marcy is known for its bikes it offers bikes of several categories like Marcy foldable upright bike, fan bikes, foldable bikes, mini-cycles, recumbent bikes, and training bikes; and we are here to review one of its very basic yet well-reputed exercises, we are here for Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike Review.
In this review, we will find out if this bike is an investment or just a waste of money and whether or not it has enough to offer because these are the questions that have led us to this Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike Review.
So here in this review, we will be getting into details about this product. We will talk about its features, its functions, its parts and will give an overall overview of the product to understand if it is worth the money and should you or should you not take the risk of buying this cheap product since one common problem of any cheap product is its deteriorated quality and performance.
So here in this Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike Review, we will find out if it is the case with this exercise bike too or does it provide good performance at an affordable price. Is this budget-friendly exercise bike meant to last?
This bike caters people who have very basic requirements, this exercise bike can be in the wishlist of a novice who would prefer low-intensity workout in the beginning and for people who are suffering from immobility due to some injuries or issues like joint pain.
|Dimensions||45″ x 18″ x 32″ (114cm x 46cm x 81cm)|
|Resistance levels||8 levels|
|Maximum user weight capacity||250 lbs or 113kg|
|Product weight||36 lbs or 16kg|
Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike Review
To know in detail about Marcy Foldable exercise bike and to reach the conclusion of this Marcy Foldable exercise bike review let us talk about each of it in detail.
For any gym equipment its design, frame, resistance, and the console is very crucial thus if we are here to do a Marcy foldable exercise bike review we need to talk about all these components very precisely.
Marcy exercise bike has been designed by keeping comfort in mind. This machine is not only strong and sturdy but also extremely comfortable to use.
Marcy foldable exercise bike is an extremely compact exercise bike that can fit into small places. It is a foldable exercise bike so when not in use this exercise bike can be folded and kept totally out of sight.
The pedals are made of quite sturdy plastic, these plastic pedals are covered from a non-slip surface. The non-slip surface ensures that the feet stay in place while the exerciser is vigorously cycling on this bike.
For further more comfort straps are added so the feet stay completely intact and in place.
The pedals are placed in the front of the seat. This certainly brings a change since other regular exercise bikes have their pedals placed exactly below their seat so it is a very different experience to work on this bike at first.
The seat is well padded from high-density foam to ensure comfort. It is oversized so basically, it can accommodate people of different sizes.
Even though the seat is properly cushioned yet it is not comfortable enough and users do find it a bit difficult to work out on this exercise bike for the stretched duration.
The seat can be adjusted in two ways and comes with seven adjustment holes. One can do the adjustment according to his or her requirements and comfort.
The handlebars are well designed, these handlebars are fixed and have a rubberized coating, this coating ensures a good grip.
This exercise bike is built to last. Marcy foldable exercise bike is made of 14 gauge steel so we already know that this bike is strong and sturdy. This exercise bike is not at all disappointing its users when it comes to its quality.
The frame has a glossy finish that gives this exercise bike an expensive look even though it is quite affordable.
The coating also keeps the body of the exercise bike safe from corrosion. Marcy foldable exercise bike can support a maximum weight capacity of 399 lbs that is 136 kg.
The frame is foldable, one simply has to just remove the pin from the center of the bike and fold it, this brings down its size to almost its half.
However, one major drawback of Marcy folding exercise is that it lacks transportation wheels. It does not come with wheels at its bottom which affects its mobility.
The base of this exercise bike consist of plastic caps, these plastic caps are there to ensure stability while the user is exercising on it vigorously the plastic caps also helps in avoiding any damages that can be caused to the floor.
Lets now talk about its console, well console is a major part of any exercise equipment so if we are talking about Marcy foldable bike there is no way we are not talking about its console since it plays a critical role in this Marcy foldable exercise bike review.
This bike comes with a fairly basic console, there is nothing extravagant about its console however it serves with all the basic data. It provides all the major data like total time, total distance covered, speed calories burned and overall distance covered.
The console is placed in the middle of the handlebars and the screen size is quite large. The screen is not backlit so it can cause a problem in low lit areas. The console automatically turns on when it detects some action and automatically turns off after a few minutes of inactivity.
Marcy foldable exercise bike uses 2AAA batteries, these batteries can easily last up to 3 months. The console is quite user-friendly so even a novice can function this console pretty well.
This Marcy folding exercise bike works on magnetic resistance. It offers a total of eight resistance levels, the lowest number offers the lowest resistance and the highest number offers the highest resistance so one can adjust the resistance level according to his or her preference.
However, one thing to mention here is that the resistance is not enough for high-intensity workouts. Marcy exercise bike is an entry-level bike and offers very basic resistance levels. It mostly is for beginners and people who suffer from immobility.
The pedals have four adjustment settings to suit different people and their requirements. The resistance that this exercise bike offers is quite decent and works for those who are not into a heavy workout routine. However, it is not the one for hardcore fitness trainers and athletes.
This foldable exercise bike is extremely easy to assemble. Marcy foldable exercise bike manual gives clear and concise instructions that are easy to follow.
It does not require any professionals for its assembling and can be fixed single-handedly in around half an hour. The body comes partly assembled, all the nuts and bolts are already placed in the holes so half the work is already done. Few connections and you are ready to go.
Maintaining a Marcy foldable exercise bike is not a big task at all. This bike hardly needs maintenance which is a plus point since maintaining an exercise bike can be extremely hectic.
However one needs to clean the bike regularly to avoid corrosion that can be caused by the sweat. Other than that there is not much maintenance required.
PROs & CONs
Marcy foldable exercise bike review incomplete until and unless we talk about the PROs & CONs of this product. Thus before we conclude let us first make ourselves aware of the points that stand for and against this exercise bike.
- Built quality: One thing we like about this exercise bike is it’s undeniably great build quality. Even though the cost of this Marcy foldable exercise bike is extremely low yet Marcy has not at all compromised with the quality of the product.
- Less noisy: Marcy foldable exercise bike operates very quietly. It does not produce noise which is great news for people who love to watch series or shows while doing their workout. So with this machine, you can watch movies and can even read books without any disturbance.
- Affordable: Price is a major factor in our Marcy foldable exercise bike review and the good part is that its price is its trump card. It is quite affordable so for those who have a low budget but love to work out at their home this one is a considerable option.
- Easy to assemble: Assemble any fitness equipment can get extremely hectic however that is not the case with the Marcy foldable exercise bike. It comes with easy and clear instructions. This bike can be assembled single-handedly in around 30 minutes.
- Space saver design: Marcy foldable exercise bike is extremely compact and has small footprints even when it is fully assembled, it has space saver design which means that the frame is foldable, it hardly takes any space after being folded, thus storage is not much of a problem with this exercise bike.
- Not for hardcore fitness trainers: This machine is good for people who are just starting and want to build their stamina or maybe are recovering from certain injuries but it is not at all an alternative of high-end bikes that can train athletes. This machine does not offer resistance levels to fulfill the needs of hardcore trainers. So if you enjoy an extremely challenging workout, well this Marcy exercise bike is not for you.
- Restricted to seated workouts: Marcy foldable exercise bike has not been designed for standing workouts, its body construction does not allow you to do so. One can only perform seated workouts which certainly is a downside of this exercise bike.
- Uncomfortable seat: Even though the seat is well-cushioned yet the foaming is not enough. Users do find it very comfortable and have admitted that it is quite hard to work out on this machine for long hours. So this discomfort is going to affect your efficiency.
- Console: The console is not the most advanced console which is quite acceptable since Marcy foldable exercise bike is a low budget exercise bike. However, one major problem with the console that can’t be ignored is its dim screen. The screen is not backlit which proves to be a problem in low lit areas thus we can’t afford to miss this major disadvantage of Marcy exercise bike in our Marcy foldable exercise bike review.
So finally we are hereafter this Marcy foldable exercise bike review and it should not be very surprised if we say that this foldable exercise bike is worth your money.
Yes, this machine is a great option to look forward to for beginners and also for people who might be suffering from injuries. It is extremely affordable yet has the great build quality and it is quite hard to judge the price of this bike by its quality.
So if you are all set to turn yourself into a fitness enthusiast and want to search for fitness equipment that is affordable yet is beneficial well you are going in the right direction.
It is an entry-level bike hence it is quite basic but does its work pretty well. It is a great value for money since the price is only around $100. So we get why Marcy foldable exercise bike reviews are most is the support of Marcy exercise bike.
However, it is quite clear by this Marcy Exercise Bike Review that this machine is not for vigorous trainers.
Even though it allows eight resistance levels yet we can’t deny the fact that even the highest resistance level of this Marcy foldable exercise bike is not enough for those who prefer challenging workouts and always want to outperform themselves.
So if you are one of those, sadly this affordable exercise bike is not the one for you.
But if you are a novice well this exercise is a considerable option and we highly recommend this product.
The good part about this bike is even though it costs quite less yet it is very durable and looks quite expensive too so it definitely is going to last for years and it does not even ask for much maintenance which is again a plus point.
So, all in all, we conclude this Marcy foldable exercise bike review in the favor of Marcy foldable bike and why not?