Confused about whether to buy the Schwinn Phocus 1600 or NOT? There are many great things about this bike, and our Schwinn Phocus 1600 Review will help you in making a better buying decision, so sit back and read along to the end.
Schwinn Phocus 1600 is a road bike that has features that you find on professional bikes, like carbon fiber fork, aluminum frame, peed derailleur with Micro shift integrated shift/brake lever combo, which makes it a great choice for people who are looking for a premium and a comfortable road bike. It has lots of great things to offer, and you will not be disappointed with it.
|Chain||KMC-Z8 for easy riding|
|Speed||16 speed with shifter|
|Shifters||Shimano Claris 16 speed gears|
|Brakes||Promax Alloy Caliper|
|Stand over Height||27 inches height|
Cycling has been a hobby for people for the longest time. It is a mode of transport which has been used for ages before fuelled vehicles were even a thing.
People have been cycling for sport for the longest time as well and recently, given the collective environmental awareness that has been generated, people have started taken up cycling as a non-polluting mode of transport again.
This is why in this review, we will be discussing all the merits and demerits of the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike for anyone who is looking to take their cycling interests to new heights and focus more on the fitness part of it.
If you already have been cycling for sport, you will hopefully find this Schwinn Phocus 1600 review very helpful in making your next purchase.
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike being discussed in this review, is a road bicycle, made for extreme and efficient performance.
Schwinn Phocus 1600 Review
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike has been designed to weather tough roads and be used on difficult terrain as well.
It is not a hiking bike but it has enough structural stability and comfort to be used in rougher more challenging roads as well.
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 review is about the men’s version of the Schwinn men’s Phocus 1600 road bike which has been designed to support the male body and help it strengthen and lose weight as well as tone itself.
Here in the Schwinn Phocus 1600 review, we will be discussing everything that you need to know before buying this bicycle. This review will discuss its specifications, usage along with pros and cons.
This review also includes our take on whether or not you should purchase it, so keep on reading.
Before learning more about this model from Schwinn in this Schwinn Phocus 1600 review, let’s talk more about the company Schwinn. It is a leading bicycle brand for more sturdy sport bikes for men and women alike and was the leading brand of bikes in the 20th century.
It is a brand whose bike every cycling enthusiast wants to own. You know you can trust their authenticity, quality and customer service. You are getting quality in every way possible if you buy a product from their range.
This Schwinn Phocus 1600 review would be incomplete without a complete analysis of all the features and performance of this Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike. Keep reading the review to get more info on this road bike.
Lightweight: The Schwinn Phocus 1600 is very weight-efficient. The weight is 34.1 pounds, which given the amount of space it occupies and how easy it is to ride it, is a weight that is neither too much nor too little.
It is enough to stabilize the bike without weighing it down too much.
The whole design is meant to increase the ease of riding and help the body lose weight and get toned. The frame is made with carbon fibers and aluminum which can support the weight without being heavy themselves.
It is also easy to move manually. Its has great portability.
- Carbon Fiber Body: Carbon fiber is an innovative new material being used in the construction of such items as road bikes to provide robustness and strength without added weight.
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike has a carbon fiber fork that absorbs all the excess vibrations which come in from riding on rougher terrains. This makes it much tougher than all-aluminum bikes and hence makes the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike much more suited for rough use.
- Brakes and Gears: The bike has Shimano Clari’s micro shift 16-speed derailleur with integrated shifters and brake lever combo to help achieve maximum efficiency and reduce wear while braking.
In this braking system, all the controls and brakes can be used from the same place. You can change gears and brake without any issues or confusion. You get 16 speeds in the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike, but that’s not too bad given its price.
This braking system helps the rider in braking quickly in one step without jerking or causing any disturbance. The braking is accurate and precise, exactly what you need when you are biking for sport or competition.
This state of the art brake system should be one of the most important pros while you are looking at this bicycle, as you don’t find this system in anything else that is more affordable than the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike.
- Drivetrain: This bike has an SR Suntour alloy crank which makes the drivetrain move very smoothly and reduces the chances of the chain coming off. It allows smooth gear change without any issues with the drivetrain.
- Wheels: The wheels in this road bike are made and designed by professionals for maximum durability and strength with the best comfort that you can get. The wheelset is double-walled 700cc which increases the speed and strength of the bike.
The aluminum alloy rims of the wheels give the bike even more speed as it reduces the weight. It complements the great design and material usage of the bike and helps it achieve even faster speeds.
Also read: 10 Best Hydration Pack for Road Cycling
Even the spoke design and spacing are not run of the mill. It has been changed up to reduce overall weight and provide strength to the wheel.
- Quick Release Feature: The quick-release front wheel is a feature provided in the Schwinn Phocus 1600 as we think it’s a brilliant thing to have in an expensive bicycle to prevent theft and increase security.
This is a safety measure put in by Schwinn for it to not get stolen and you don’t have to get another lock for it if you do not want to.
- Assembly: The bike requires no assembly. You don’t get it fully put together, but there is no need for a technician or anyone to be called upon for help.
You can ride it as soon as you receive it. You have a little assembly to do, instructions for which are provided with the product, and you can start riding within an hour of receiving it, at maximum.
- Other Features: Theis review would be incomplete without the full scoop on the road bike. It has dual suspension for greater comfort and shock absorption while riding on rougher terrain.
It is also fitted with a soft spring saddle, again helping the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike become one of the most comfortable road bikes on the market.
You can tilt, raise and change the position of the handlebar to suit your convenience as well. This bike is perfect for sports cycling as well as daily use if you are a cycling enthusiast and not a professional cyclist.
It has many features which make it almost hazardous and foolproof. Better suited for men, this does have a taller frame, which might be tough to use for some women, but overall, it doesn’t have any stark features which make it for men only. Women who are comfortable with the height of this cycle can easily use it.
PROs & CONs
Any review on this website will be incomplete without a PROs & CONs list. Here is a summary of what we think about the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike in the Schwinn Phocus 1600 review:
- Built for comfort and support
- Forces body into a great posture
- Around 500 USD in price, which is reasonable for the number of features that you get.
- Sturdy and great frame for normal to rough terrains
- Lifetime warranty from Schwinn, irrespective of where you purchased it from.
- Quality tires and rims, least amount of faults in these features.
- Great performance on the road
- Lightweight and can take a lot of the user’s weight
- Easy to assemble
- Wider gear range provided by Alloy Crank
- 16 speeds provided by high-quality gears
- Quick release feature for security
- Sleek design and grey color, suited for most people’s tastes
- Great for weight loss and overall exercise
- Is a long term investment with great returns, value for money.
- It has compatibility with the myfitnesspal app which can be used to keep track of nutritional and fitness progress.
- Maybe a little bigger for some people. It is geared for men with height above 5 feet 8 inches.
- Some people complained of the pedal straps being low quality, but it is not that prevalent of a complaint, just something to look out for.
- Gear indicator is not available on the switch
- Comes in only one color and one size
- It is difficult to have a constant track on training data as the display keeps on toggling to give an overview of the workout session to the user.
Before going ahead with the Schwinn Phocus 1600 review and giving our final verdict, we have some FAQs to answer the most asked questions about this road bike.
Do I need to install a rim tape in the Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike?
You do not necessarily need to, but installing a rim tape will make the tires much sturdier and if you are someone who bikes on rough terrains, it will make you more confident of its durability and strength.
What is the Schwinn Phocus 1600 weight?
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 road bike weighs around 31 pounds.
How many sizes does the Schwinn Phocus 1600 have?
The Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1600 road bike comes in only one size and color.
What is the crank size of the Phocus 1600?
The crank size is 38-42 N-m.
Does Phocus 1600 have a weight limit?
The Schwinn Phocus 1600 bike does not have an upper weight limit. As discussed earlier in this Schwinn Phocus review, it is very sturdy and is built to take shocks and heavyweights.
In our opinion, the Schwinn Phocus 1600 is a great buy. It has multiple things going for it, be its versatility or strength or stability. It can be used by a beginner or professional.
It has great ease of use and features which will be appreciated by people from all walks of life. The price is also great for the number of features and innovative designs which have gone into the making of this incredible bike.
This Schwinn Phocus 1600 Review is geared towards giving you an unbiased review of the product in question, and in our opinion, it is a steal.
You get a lifetime warranty as well as the brilliant quality and service of Schwinn Bicycle Company, which used to be one of the biggest bicycle companies in the world.
The quality is there, and if you can get past the small list of cons that come with this product, we say go for it.
- SOLE S77 Treadmill Review, is it worth 1800+ Dollars?
- Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike Review: Why it is so POPULAR?
- Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review, Is it one of the best money can buy?
- Best Spin Bikes you can buy this year