Xterra Fitness TR150 is a budget-oriented home treadmill that has 1000+ reviews, but is it worth buying? Read our Xterra Fitness TR150 Review to know.
The Xterra Fitness Trail Runner 150 series treadmill is one of the most famous yet affordable treadmills that one can buy right now from Amazon.
There are many other affordable treadmills out there, and we have reviewed some of them here, and these are the links of the articles, you can also read those out.
- Reebok JET 200 Treadmill Review: The Most Under-Rated Treadmill of Amazon
- ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill Review: Best Treadmill under $400
- NordicTrack T 6.5S Treadmill Review: The #1 Treadmill of AMAZON
- Weslo Cadence 5.9 Treadmill Review: Best Affordable Treadmill under $300 (3723 Reviews)
- ProForm 905 CST Treadmill Review, BEST TREADMILL you can BUY
- Fitness Reality TR3000 Review: Best Treadmill under $220
- Xterra Fitness TR300 Treadmill Review: Worth BUYING?
Without wasting more time, let’s get straight into our Xterra Fitness TR150 Treadmill Review.
Xterra TR150 Review
It is very difficult to find a Best Affordable treadmill, and Xterra Fitness TR150 is one of them and today we are going to show you all the goods and bads about this treadmill here.
Xterra Fitness TR150 comes with all kinds of important things that anyone needed for a good workout, like a powerful 2.25HP motor, manual incline levels, strong build, foldable design, etc.
We have tested this treadmill for more than 3 months and found some good things and some problems with this treadmill. Before going further in our Xterra Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Review, let’s first see some of the basic specifications of the treadmill.
|Dimensions||63.4″ L x 28.75″ W x 51.4″ H|
|Product Weight||97 lbs (44 kg)|
|Max. User Weight||250 lbs (113 kg)|
|Display||5” LCD Non-Backlit|
|Incline||3 Levels (0.5°, 1°, and 2°) (Manual)|
|Treadmill Deck||16″ x 50″|
|Pulse Sensor||EKG Pulse Sensor|
|Warranty||Frame: Lifetime, Deck, Parts & Labor: 90 days|
|Check Availability||Read Reviews|
The body of the Xterra Fitness TR150 treadmill is made of steel, and some polycarbonate materials to keep the weight of the treadmill light, yet strong and sturdy to hold the weight of the user and the machine.
The weight of the Xterra Fitness TR150 is around 97 pounds or 44 kilograms and the maximum user weight it can take is around 250 pounds or 113 kilograms. They have used the polycarbonate material to build the body of the console, side rails, cover of the motor, and cover of the treadmill belt.
The quality of the material they used is of good quality, you will not be disappointed by any part of the treadmill.
The metal parts of the treadmill are coated with black color paint, to prevent it from moisture, rust, and corrosion.
Xterra Fitness TR150 only comes in one color scheme, there is no other option. The Xterra Fitness TR150 dimensions are 63.4” x 28.75” x 51.4”.
Another cool feature of this treadmill pack is, folding design, you can easily fold the treadmill in half, and save a lot of space while storing the machine.
But you have to fold the treadmill manually by using Easy Fold Pop Pins, that holds the treadmill deck, and there is no Soft Drop feature, you have to manually do the unfolding. And on the front side there are two transport wheels that you can use to move the machine from here to there.
They have used 1 ply, 1.4mm, the thickness of treadmill belt, to ensure better quality and long life of the treadmill, and inside the treadmill deck, it also comes with XTRASoft Cushioned Deck technology that will absorb the force which is created while running or jogging, and prevents any kinds of strain on your joints.
According to many reports, it is better running over a treadmill than on concrete, and you can read that from here as well.
The console of the Xterra Fitness TR150 folding treadmill, it comes with 5 inches of LCD display which is non-backlit, but it shows all the important things that are needed for a good workout like speed, time, pulse, distance, and calories burned.
As we told you the body of the console is made up of polycarbonate materials and comes with only soft-touch buttons to control the exercise program and speed, and there are two start and stop buttons as well.
But the console comes with only MPH settings for speed and distance, this can be an issue for people who understand the KPH.
On the handlebars, there are two EKG pulse sensors to monitor your heart ratings and, to check your pulse you have to hold the handlebar for five seconds so that it can read your pulses.
The Xterra Fitness TR150 folding treadmill is not compatible with any kind of Chest Heart Rate monitoring device, and it doesn’t come with Bluetooth, speakers, or cooling fan.
There are some good things about the Xterra Fitness TR150 folding treadmill as well, and in this section, we are going to mention those, so that you can understand about this machine easily.
- 2.25HP Motor: The Xterra Fitness TR150 treadmill comes with a 2.25HP motor that delivers a smooth, constant power delivery for a good workout. The motor is completely silent while in use, you will not get any kind of noise while at top speeds as well.
- 12 Exercise Programs: The Xterra Fitness TR150 comes with 12 preset exercise programs to choose from, these workout plans will motivate you to push a little harder and keep you motivated while working out.
- XTRASoft Cushioned Deck technology: The Xterra Fitness TR150 comes with an impact-absorbing feature that absorbs the force which is created while running or jogging, and prevents any kind of strain on your joints.
- 3 Incline Levels: The Xterra Fitness TR150 treadmill comes with 3 manual incline settings, that you can use to make your workout little hard and tough, and burn some more calories by running on incline level, it comes with 0.5°, 1°, and 2, but you have to change the incline level manually by using the rear pop-pins. You cannot change the incline level between your workout, you have to get off from the treadmill to change the level.
- Speed: The Xterra TR150 treadmill comes with 0.5-10 MPH speed levels (1-16KPH), and you can change the speed from the console by using the soft-touch buttons.
- EKG Grip Pulse: On the handlebars of the Xterra TR150 treadmill there are two pulse reading sensors as well, that you can use to monitor your heart rate while working out.
There is some maintenance that is needed with the Xterra TR150 treadmill, every machine requires maintenance and this treadmill is no different. These are some of the things that you need to keep in mind while using the Xterra TR150 treadmill.
- Keep your Xterra TR150 treadmill clean, as the performance of the treadmill depends on the cleanliness of the treadmill; if the machine is filled with dirt and dust it cannot work properly and silently, so clean the machine in every two or three weeks with a soft cloth.
- Check all inlets and holes: Check all the parts of the Xterra TR150 treadmill before starting the machine, they might get blocked with dust and dirt if not cleaned properly.
- Check the Treadmill Belt: Check the treadmill belt once in a month and use a vacuum cleaner to clean the bottom of the treadmill as well, as it can collect dust and dirt and that can cause serious issues to your treadmill.
- Lube the treadmill Belt: Keeping the deck lubricated at the recommended intervals ensures the longest life possible for your treadmill, subsequent lubrication should be performed every 40 hours if you notice any kind of dryness or noise coming from the treadmill belt.
Inside the manual, you will get a Service Checklist, that you can use to do the maintenance, and inside the manual, you will also get a Primitive Maintenance Chart so that you can store your maintenance details there if you had a bad memory like I had.
Assembly & Warranty
Xterra Fitness TR150 assembly is an easy process as all the big parts come pre-assembled, you only have to attach the small parts like console, rails, and some wires. It will take you around one-hour maximum.
Inside the manual you will find detailed assembly instructions with proper images and numbers, it comes with a 5 step assembly process, which is easy to understand and perform. Inside the Xterra Fitness TR150 Manual, you will also get detailed instructions to do the fold and unfold, & Incline instruction as well.
You can see the Xterra Fitness TR150 manual from here if you lost yours. The Xterra Fitness TR150 treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on frame, 90 days on Deck, Parts,
and Labor, if you find any issues with the treadmill, you can contact the company and they will do the repair or replacement as well.
PROs & CONs
- Affordable: The pricing of the treadmill is affordable so that anyone can afford a good treadmill without spending too much.
- Great Reviews: The Xterra Fitness TR150 comes with 1000+ ratings and 4.1 stars out of 5 over amazon.
- Great build quality: The build quality of the Xterra Fitness TR150, is also strong and can last long for years without giving any kind of problem.
- Excellent warranty: The Xterra TR150 Treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on frame, which no other treadmill offers at this price.
- No Wireless Connectivity: The Xterra Fitness TR150 doesn’t come with Bluetooth or any other wireless sync, you cannot share your workout data with any app.
- No Cooling Fan, MP3 Support, quick controls: The Xterra Fitness TR150 doesn’t come with cooling fan, speakers, or quick controls for speed.
Xterra Fitness TR150 Treadmill is a great pick for under $350 price, it comes with a 2.25HP motor, 3 incline levels, 9 exercise programs, lightweight yet strong build quality, which makes it one of the best choices for the affordable treadmill under the three hundred dollar price.
In short, this machine is perfect for the beginner or for casual home use, as it lacks some features but these features are just extra add-ons, you don’t need those for a good workout, you are still getting many good features, with a lifetime warranty.
Xterra Fitness TR150 Treadmill is a basic home treadmill that offers only the features of a treadmill, no extra clutters, just pure workout machine, nothing else. And that is the reason it is people’s favorite treadmill.
You can read some of the Xterra Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Reviews, as well, to know the reactions of the users who already own this treadmill.
Here we are ending our Xterra Fitness TR150 review, I hope our Xterra Fitness TR150 review, helped you in making a better buying decision. If you have any questions regarding our Xterra Fitness TR150 Folding treadmill review, you can comment down below as well.
You can get the best price Xterra Fitness TRr150 folding treadmill black, from the button provided below.
Is Xterra a good treadmill?
There are lots of treadmills that are made by Xterra Fitness, and they are in the market from many years, and user’s are loving their products, and that makes it a good and reliable company.
Is Xterra a good brand?
Xterra is a very popular company that makes it one of the best treadmills under the $1000 price, and people are loving their products and you can read some of the reviews left by the users, this makes it a Good and Trustable brand.